Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

If The Falcons don't take a QB, do we trade up to 5 with Cincy?


If Fields or Lance is there at 5, should we trade up with the Bengals to take them?  

45 members have voted

  1. 1. If Fields or Lance is there at 5, should we trade up with the Bengals to take them?

    • Yay
      20
    • Nay
      25


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

I don’t think Joe Brady is a fit at all in Carolina. It’s been reported that he was really the reason we went after Teddy. Dump his ass. 

Teddy made sense to get the O up and running in a COVID world.  And he makes sense to draft a QB to teach it to.   Hence the 2 year deal. 

Lance isn’t going to be a fit for it.   Which is fine.  But we need a new scheme IMO for Lance to thrive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

That's trading into the top 3.

List seems to be leaving off Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, and Deshaun Wat-... I mean before this whole kerfuffle the trade up was legit. 

Regardless, 4 QB's all Pro Bowlers/MVPs that were traded up for, and none were the #1 QB taken in their draft. 

 

I was coming in to make that point.  The high upside/may not be NFL ready types are the ones that become the unstoppable ones. 

Maybe, just maybe, we end up with Trey Lance at 5 or 8, ditch Bridgewater and have some dude that can net us a solid 4-12 run the show in 2022.  Then, we have a QB, get another high pick, and see if we can make a run 2023-2030.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Rumor has it, the the Niners already tried trading up with the Falcons and they declined their offers.  I'm guess the falcons don't want to trade, they might be dead set on a player already.

Which usually means QB...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Which usually means QB...

Im aware of the ryan contract and all, but feel about 90% sure they will take a QB and it will be Fields. Not matter the talk, what not, and reports. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im aware of the ryan contract and all, but feel about 90% sure they will take a QB and it will be Fields. Not matter the talk, what not, and reports. 

That's been my thought all along. You dont know when you are going to get your next shot at a franchise QB. You can spend one pick on one this year, or try and trade up 2 years from now giving up multiple 1sts. In the end, it actually makes a lot of sense to take a QB now. A single 1st round miss on a QB is a lot less painful than giving up 3 1sts plus more and whiffing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That's been my thought all along. You dont know when you are going to get your next shot at a franchise QB. You can spend one pick on one this year, or try and trade up 2 years from now giving up multiple 1sts. In the end, it actually makes a lot of sense to take a QB now. A single 1st round miss on a QB is a lot less painful than giving up 3 1sts plus more and whiffing. 

Yea most times when youre drafting in the top 5 you need a QB. Ok thats not Failcons, but like you said "when you are going to get your next shot at a franchise QB". I didnt have a good guess on where they are going and then they converted his base into a signing bonus, that made it harder to draft a QB.  But I think they still go QB. Fields is a hometown kid, making it more likely too. Plus next years QB group is super weak compared this years, Fields would had a legit shot at being #1 next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

Im aware of the ryan contract and all, but feel about 90% sure they will take a QB and it will be Fields. Not matter the talk, what not, and reports. 

You don’t draft a QB top 5 to sit for 2 years behind your franchises most successful QB. Has that ever happened? A top 5 QB is drafted to be the face of the franchise. I can’t see a scenario where this happens after adding 3 years to Mattys contract

pick 5 gets them their choice of the best non-qb in the draft. And QB is not one of their top needs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Rumor has it, the the Niners already tried trading up with the Falcons and they declined their offers.  I'm guess the falcons don't want to trade, they might be dead set on a player already.

Or maybe they just didn’t wanna go down that far. Denver could get up to four, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, J.B. said:

You don’t draft a QB top 5 to sit for 2 years behind your franchises most successful QB. Has that ever happened? A top 5 QB is drafted to be the face of the franchise. I can’t see a scenario where this happens after adding 3 years to Mattys contract

pick 5 gets them their choice of the best non-qb in the draft. And QB is not one of their top needs

Theres truth in not wanting a QB to sit on the bench for 2 years. I agree its not wise and you waste 2 years of cheap QB. I just feel they will not be in another position to get a QB of Fields/Lances' level in the coming years. Either of them would be the 1st overall in 2022 and who knows maybe 2023-on. Just to add, you have the rookie QB for 8 years of control, the option for 8 years. 5th year and 3 tag years, so him sitting on 1-2 isnt the worst. Besides they could take the bullet(dead cap) and trade Ryan in 2022, start a true rebuild. Best QB in the world sat for 1 year and signed a half billion deal. Ryan is also at the age where injuries start happening more too. If you feel the QB is elite, you dont pass on him cause dead cap QB issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...