• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers don't love other QB's besides Lawrence and Wilson

TheSpecialJuan

6 hours ago, frankw said:

We drafted Jimmy Clausen. People can say what they want about the man but he knew how to get the job done.

Exactly. Clausen. Not penny pitching got us Cam. Mel Kiper hyped up pickles like no other and Marty fell for it. That huge mistake got us Cam the next year.

I don't trust Kiper on 6'2", slight of frame QBs that resemble another slight of frame 6'2" QB. Not biting. The Panthers probably would.

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

NFL is an entertainment product. Put a boring product on the field and see what happens. 

Oh I’m seeing it. This forum has done nothing but cry for months now. Counterpoint. Don’t win a super bowl and see the meltdown of having Luke and Cam for years and achieving virtually nothing. Those almost no way to make you guys happy.

But just because some of you are threatening to not watch next year if you don’t get what you want (a different QB) doesn’t mean the smart thing to do is sell the farm for a QB. That simply isn’t how you rebuild. I’m sorry you don’t like to hear it but it’s the truth.

Ehhhh I could definitely see this being a smokescreen by the Panthers. Saying you really love the guaranteed number one and two overall picks doesn't tip your hand at all

I still maintain Fields will drop to us and we will take him. That doesn't take us out of the Deshaun running later as Fields is an enticing piece. Further we give up 0 assets to a future deshaun trade by remaining at 8

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd be willing to bet that the difference between the number of times Panthers have actually been one player away versus the number of times the Panthers braintrust thought they were one player away is... significant.

I mean the argument could be made we were an actual number two CB away in 2015 from a Superbowl, Peyton didn't throw Norman's way at all and he had some lame duck balls a more skilled CB would have picked 6'd