• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fields and 9ers.

raleigh-panther

https://www.facebook.com/225093974869443/posts/740761763302659/

49ers HC Kyle Shanahan says they’ve been in contact with QB Justin Fields’ agent and plan to get another pro day with him before April’s draft. 

Shanahan and GM John Lynch will attend Alabama QB Mac Jones’ pro day on Tuesday, while assistant GM Adam Peters watches Fields’ workout the same day in Columbus, Ohio, per @peter.king8. 

The 49ers, however, still have plans to schedule a private workout with Fields.

They aren't taking Fields I can almost guarantee it. 

They either traded up for Mac Jones which I have no fuging idea why they would unless secretly the Panthers loved him and were about to trade up for him

OR more likely imo 

They traded up for Lance. It's a poorly kept secret the Falcons loved Lance. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, SOJA said:

They aren't taking Fields I can almost guarantee it. 

They either traded up for Mac Jones which I have no fuging idea why they would unless secretly the Panthers loved him and were about to trade up for him

OR more likely imo 

They traded up for Lance. It's a poorly kept secret the Falcons loved Lance. 

Yea I’m thinking they want Lance as well. 

• Pie 1

Just got off the phone with my brother-in-law, a chiropractor in Columbus, OSU Alumnus, who knows a lot of folks inside the Ohio State program.  He said that the OSU QB has evolved--never really been known for QBs until recently, and he gave a reason for every recent QB bust--he says that Fields is different--was used less like an athlete who can throw and more like a thrower who is an athlete.  He reads, but tends to lose patience the more he is in the pocket.  He said that Fields is the best QB Ohio State has had in his recent memory--if you are thinking NFL potential.  He still has his doubts and sees what might scare off some NFL fans, but he thinks the right system will produce a star.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 3