• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you love?

Mr. Scot

QB comparisons.

Lawrence - Elway / Herbert

Fields - Watson / Dak

Wilson -  Mayfield / Manziel

Lance - Cam / Bortles 

Jones - Ryan / Goff

This is not a indication of floor or ceiling cause I'm not saying Wilson could be the shidshow that is johnny football.  It's only a comparison. Manziel with a fighting spirit and minus the party boy work ethic could have been special. 

As far as love hate.  I personally 

Love - Fields

Crush - Wilson

Like - Lance

Settle could one day hate - Jones

Love and like are possible.  The crush is very unlikely and if we settle we only hurt ourselves.  

Probably in the minority but personally I don’t get the love for Lance. Don’t like Jones. I like Fields and Lawrence. I honestly don’t know what to think of Wilson but I have a feeling he will not be all that great.

So personally Lawrence and Fields are the best to me. Wilson is a wild card and Lance/Jones are an afterthought.

We will have a chance at a stud at 8 though, easily. Might not be a QB and I’m ok with that. Don’t want a LB or TE (as much as I love Pitts) though.

At that spot and with Fields, Lawrence and Wilson gone you have to take a top OT or DE no question IMO.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Justin Fields = Vince Young 

Vince Young minus the head case issues = solid top 10 QB.  Also fields is faster and more accurate.  The comparison is fair but simultaneously extremely unfair.  It's a worse case scenerio.  As far as I'm concerned I have not bought into the one year wunderkids that are Wilson and Lance.  Fields is the most proven compared to Wilson and Lance.  Played against Jones and Lawrence and held his own.  You don't win them all against top competition but the key is to compete.  Wilson and Lance have not competed against the best.  

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kudos if you read the title in George Thorogood's singing voice. In truth though, the question is about who the Panthers love.

A few days back, Joe Person stated that the Panthers weren't all that enthralled with any of the quarterbacks outside the top two.

In his mailbag today, Albert Breer hinted that the Panthers don't necessarily "love" all of the top five quarterbacks, saying that whether or not we'd be willing to trade up for someone who fell out of the first four or five picks was dependent on whether it was a quarterback we were really interested in.

Breer didn't often offer any specifics as to who we loved and who we didn't. Plus it's worth noting that Person's comments were made before Justin Fields Pro Day.

So the question that I would then ask regarding the top five quarterbacks (Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance and Jones) is this: Who do you think the Panthers love, and who do they not?

I did.  I imagine George with the stoggie while he sings.  

I think they love Lawrence and Wilson.  The are probably meh on the others. 

10 hours ago, CRA said:

I think Joe Brady probably has Lance last.  He is probably the worst fit for Brady to showcase his O and get that HC job.     

Rhule’s list probably is different IMO.  What if he has Brady for only 1 more year? Lance could be higher on his chart.  

I doubt he has Lance last. If he does, it's because of Lance's real or perceived need for development (which is his biggest knock). I have read that Lance can fit any system. I've also read that he would be great for Brady's system because he can push the ball down field with relative ease.

I love the thought of any of the guys besides Jones, as I see him as athletically limited and not much of an upgrade to Teddy, if he's an upgrade at all. Maybe in mentality (which could be huge or not). 

The others have question marks, and I'm going to have to trust that if one or two of them is available at 8 (or even 4 or 5), that Rhule and company will do what's best. I can see the talent and theory behind taking any of them, but I still feel that Lance has the highest upside, and as such would be the QB that is the closest to the one that I love. But there are things I love about Wilson and Fields too!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1