• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

Verge

Outside round 1: Trey Smith is a name at OG we should all be familiar with in R2 or 3.  He's going higher than projected.

Overall, we could be looking at a big line boost.  Also, don't be shocked if we go RB or WR high rounds 1-3. 

Pitts is gone. 

It's the top of our board of these three: Slater, Fields, & Chase

• Pie 1

I think not selecting Pitts would be a monumental mistake. The more I look, the more I’m convinced he’ll be incredible in our offense. He’s going to be so open in our offense. McCaffrey and he pulling down safeties so DJ Moore and Anderson can just run down the field will be unstoppable. Oh and then we’re in the end zone with Dan Arnold and Pitts. Lol to the defenses.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Bostonheelfish said:

I think not selecting Pitts would be a monumental mistake. The more I look, the more I’m convinced he’ll be incredible in our offense. He’s going to be so open in our offense. McCaffrey and he pulling down safeties so DJ Moore and Anderson can just run down the field will be unstoppable. Oh and then we’re in the end zone with Dan Arnold and Pitts. Lol to the defenses.

you could have god mode megatron and antonio gates, but it wont matter if your OL sucks.

always always build from the ground up. the lines are the foundation. you don't pass up an elite LT or DE unless you already have one on your roster. which we havent since gross. 

6 hours ago, Verge said:

Sewell or Slater make a ton of sense.

I still wouldn’t mind IF Sewell were gone. To try to move down a few spots and trade with NE or Denver then grab Horn.  
Horn and Bouye would be a nice change to this secondary.  (This, plus I’m convinced we’re taking a FS in the 1st 3 rd’s as well with Rhule’s pro day tour on Safeties)

1. Horn

2. LT

3. FS (UCF Kid)

3 hours ago, Agent Blue said:

you could have god mode megatron and antonio gates, but it wont matter if your OL sucks.

always always build from the ground up. the lines are the foundation. you don't pass up an elite LT or DE unless you already have one on your roster. which we havent since gross. 

Quicker and easier to build O line with vets in free agency than to rely on rookies in the draft. They’ll be more cuts after the draft, plus if you want a OT from the draft then wait until the second round, they’ll be someone decent left (leatherwood).

My take based on availability (top 2 QBs 100% gone):

A) Lance/Fields

B) Sewell

C) Slater

D) Pitts

E) Trade down

We know Lawrence and Wilson are gone.  Miami, Philly or Detroit will take the top WR.  One of the two between Fields and Lance will be 99.9% gone.  That's four selections leaving at least one of those options unless another WR is selected.  My thought is we are left with the option of Slater or a trade down.  I don't like Surtain at #8, BTW.  You only take generational corners like Revis in the top 10 and while very good, he is not that.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Verge said:

I agree.

Verge have your positional rankings changed in the last month?  Also was  curious as to where you ranked someone like Darrisaw if we traded down and missed on Sewell/Slater? Is there a huge drop off after the big two LT’s?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Ryano1974 said:

Verge have your positional rankings changed in the last month?  Also was  curious as to where you ranked someone like Darrisaw if we traded down and missed on Sewell/Slater? Is there a huge drop off after the big two LT’s?

Thanks

I'm not Verge, and I'm not the only one who ranks Darrisaw above Slater. He'll be gone by 15.