• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Cosell talking QB's.

1 hour ago, bythenbrs said:

Really interesting interview.  If Fields or Lance aren't available at 8, take the sure thing in Sewell/Slater and then trade back up into bottom of first for Davis Mills?

I think we'll end up with one of the top five QBs.  Its seems the question marks that some teams may have will drop one or two of these QBs to us.

Not saying I wouldn't take Fields at 8 if he were available but this is the second time I have heard about Fields ability to go through his progression.  We don't need a Colin Kaepernick on steroids.  

Interesting.  About Darnold---he had the same lower-body mechanics issues in college, and now, entering his 4th NFL season, he may be unlikely to change. And Fields--I see the Cam comparisons, I have made them myself--but I also see some Vince Young in him. 

I am really warming to the idea (as opposed to trading at least 2 picks to move up from 8 for the 4th or 5th best QB in the draft) of trading down and grabbing Mills.  Stay with Teddy for a year, and develop the weapons and protection.  And develop Mills in your system--or Mond, but Mond was not mentioned here. 

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think we'll end up with one of the top five QBs.  Its seems the question marks that some teams may have will drop one or two of these QBs to us.

Not saying I wouldn't take Fields at 8 if he were available but this is the second time I have heard about Fields ability to go through his progression.  We don't need a Colin Kaepernick on steroids.  

Not to be a contrarian, but there are just as many analysts who show tape that shows he does  

If he is there and he is taken, I’d be thrilled 

6 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I'd be supportive too because  Fitterer and Rhule have determined that he will perform. 

I’ve always liked Greg. He had many fine things to say about Justin and Trey 

I’d feel great about either.  It’s time for the Panthers to stop getting scraps off the scrap heap

If Brady and Rhule are the geniuses our genius owner thinks they are, they should have no problem molding one of the two to nfl level competition....you know, with a full year under their belts 

5 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I’ve always liked Greg. He had many fine things to say about Justin and Trey 

I’d feel great about either.  It’s time for the Panthers to stop getting scraps off the scrap heap

If Brady and Rhule are the geniuses our genius owner thinks they are, they should have no problem molding one of the two to nfl level competition....you know, with a full year under their belts 

Yes I agree.  His takes were very unbiased and explained it well.  Especially how he explained the difference between Mahomes arm and Wilson's arm.

If it is Fields that drops to us we need to be certain we aren't getting, as I stated before, Colin Kaepernick 2.0. 

20 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Yes I agree.  His takes were very unbiased and explained it well.  Especially how he explained the difference between Mahomes arm and Wilson's arm.

If it is Fields that drops to us we need to be certain we aren't getting, as I stated before, Colin Kaepernick 2.0. 

The progression thing is an unknown. We don’t know how he was coached.

His tendency to only throw once a guy is open is also concerning, but that could have been a coaching thing too.

That was always a huge weakness for Cam. He converted it up sometimes with his ability to throw fast balls, but it held him back.

I do think there is a good chance some team (maybe us) is spreading these doubts about fields in an attempt to lower his draft stock.

Personally, I like Fields and think he’s worth a shot.

6 hours ago, Tbe said:

The progression thing is an unknown. We don’t know how he was coached.

His tendency to only throw once a guy is open is also concerning, but that could have been a coaching thing too.

That was always a huge weakness for Cam. He converted it up sometimes with his ability to throw fast balls, but it held him back.

I do think there is a good chance some team (maybe us) is spreading these doubts about fields in an attempt to lower his draft stock.

Personally, I like Fields and think he’s worth a shot.

I won't discuss Lawrence as he's a Jaguar. Not doubts about it. Of the remaining "top 5" prospects, I honestly only want to of them For the Panthers. Wilson and Lance. If we traded up with the Jets I would be thrilled as long as we don't give more than the 49ers did to get 3. I think Wilson would flourish with us and quickly, I really do. Or I'd prefer to take Lance at 8 but if necessary I'd be ok with moving up 1-3 spots for him. I think he would flourish here as well but would need a little more time probably. However, long term he may be the better of the 2 for us. I don't think Jones is a good fit as we don't want a game manager. Fields has some qualities that we'd want, definitely more than Jones but I just don't think he will be able to do all the things we will be asking him to do in this offense. Listening to the interview it seemed to me that Cosell wasn't really high on him either. After years of a great athlete but average QB I don't want that again. I think Lance's QB skills are much better and that's why I'd would take him over Fields. If our only choice was Fields or Jones at 8, I would honestly pass on both and either get my LT or trade down a few spots and still get my LT. For me it's Wilson, Lance or LT. Anything else and I will be ok but not really happy.

• Beer 1