• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade for Sam Darnold

Memphis

2 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

As a guy who negotiates for a living I just don't understand giving up so much. I literally read we were the only ones interested or "bidding" so why in the world do you offer a second? Id start off offering a fourth and wait through the draft (when they would've still traded him after) and go from there.... I just feel like Tepper is waayyyy too jumpy rn. And why not just trade up to 5?

According to Schefter that’s exactly where it started, a fourth. And ended up at a 6th and a couple future picks. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

It isn’t too much in a world where the rights to Mac Jones commands 3 first round picks.   

Just cause one team does something insane...INSANE doesnt mean that becomes the new normal. Panthers seem to work off what the Dolphins traded for Sam Rosen...... whom the Phins cut within one year too.... Wouldnt shock me if that happened here with Darnild too..

4 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

As a guy who negotiates for a living I just don't understand giving up so much. I literally read we were the only ones interested or "bidding" so why in the world do you offer a second? Id start off offering a fourth and wait through the draft (when they would've still traded him after) and go from there.... I just feel like Tepper is waayyyy too jumpy rn. And why not just trade up to 5?

The jets could get a 3rd round comp pick next year .... so the value was atleast 3rd round next year .. I say its better then paying 3 plus 1st for unproven rookie .. wish it was just a 2nd . But it is what it is .. I trust the staff !! Go panthers 

7 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

You think their starting offer was a second rounder? 

Just now, Leotiger said:

The jets could get a 3rd round comp pick next year .... so the value was atleast 3rd round next year .. I say its better then paying 3 plus 1st for unproven rookie .. wish it was just a 2nd . But it is what it is .. I trust the staff !! Go panthers 

True and hopefully we get a 4th for Teddy and get that back. With the way QBs are going ya never know

4 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

A second and a fourth is quite a bit?  Also, I read we will not be picking up his option??? Im so confused

I read that we are picking up his option. And a second and fourth in the future is a third and fifth in the now. Not that valuable. 

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

It's about coaching, not stats.

Rhule and co think that they unlock the talent in Darnold, Elflein and Erving. That's why Tepper paid him $72m. 

I hope he can......many have already failed... Our OL came for SD(now LA), he didnt turn water into wine at any point. Those three have already had a few coaches and gone no where but the rock-bottom in most of the ranking/grading/metrics in three full years. Its a huge accomplishment each kept getting starts, HUGE!!