• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, who has more pressure?

Who has the most pressure?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. According to analysts Darnold needs better weapons, better system, better coaching, so where would the pressure lie?

• Sam Darnold
    • The Brass- Rhule, Brady, Tepper.

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

The staff needs to understand exactly what they just did: 

this isn’t just an exploratory move on a possible reclamation project

theyve staked their career on this

if Sam Darnold isn’t a pro bowl QB and another QB in our range is-they should be gone

rhule can go back to coaching amateur ball 

LOL, no they haven't. 

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I know that. But MANY on here have been. If this doesn’t work we are out a 2nd and probably in position to get one of the top 2 prospects next year. I don’t see how this is where people think the franchise is doomed. This actually seems very reasonable to me.

This is the problem I have. This guy has played terrible. Threw 9 td passes last year. We picked up his fully guaranteed 5th year option. A second round pick and 23 million guaranteed for a top 5 bust. That’s bad business. It’s not smart. It’s a desperation move because teddy was so awful. That was another terrible move and we are doubling down. I get the guy has potential and a better arm but not at that price or draft pick.

Now if fields or Lance drop to us at 8 and we take one I’m decent on this deal. But it still makes absolutely no fuging sense to pick up his 5th year option when we haven’t seen how he’s played in this system with these coaches. Every bit of cap matters in constructing your team, throwing away precious cap when we have to resign our core and hopefully sign FA to get a balanced team is just fuging stupid when you don’t have to do that. We continue to make wtf moves.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

This is the problem I have. This guy has played terrible. Threw 9 td passes last year. We picked up his fully guaranteed 5th year option. A second round pick and 23 million guaranteed for a top 5 bust. That’s bad business. It’s not smart. It’s a desperation move because teddy was so awful. That was another terrible move and we are doubling down. I get the guy has potential and a better arm but not at that price or draft pick.

Now if fields or Lance drop to us at 8 and we take one I’m decent on this deal. But it still makes absolutely no fuging sense to pick up his 5th year option when we haven’t seen how he’s played in this system with these coaches. Every bit of cap matters in constructing your team, throwing away precious cap when we have to resign our core and hopefully sign FA to get a balanced team is just fuging stupid when you don’t have to do that. We continue to make wtf moves.

Calling him a bust is pretty premature. He’s got a legit arm. There’s no denying that. He was playing for the Jets. The point has already been made, but Gase is terrible (see Tannehill) and he had no weapons (see Cam in NE)

This is probably the first time in his career that he’s legitimately been put in a position to succeed. He was not put in that position in New York.

And if he doesn’t work out then we are out a 2nd. As opposed to all the draft capital this place has been clamoring on about us trading to get a QB... a QB that likely didn’t have as much praise coming out as Darnold for what it’s worth. That’s perspective everyone should be keeping in mind. 

This dude was certainly considered a safer prospect than Lance or Fields when he entered the draft. But we only gave up a 2nd for him. Give the dude a chance. Don’t pretend he had one with the Jets. He didn’t.

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

And if we drafted Lance or Fields at 8, we would still be just 1-2 seasons away and we could be potentially without 2 1sts and more. 

lol we aren’t actually 1-2 seasons away under the aforementioned pretense, that’s the point

8 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

How the fug can our team be considered desperate in it's second year of a new chapter?

Do people even think?

Because they totally screwed up the first year of said “rebuild”. And now have guaranteed another 18M for a QB to be something he’s never been before. Sound familiar? 

Truth touched a nerve I see...LOL 

Edited by Toomers
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

11 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Nobody’s career is staked on this. They didn’t spend much on a guy with high potential. His price tag was low enough that if the guy they actually wanted surprises them and is available in the draft they could still take him. A future second and some filler picks for a rental QB while the rookie sits and learns isn’t a bad model to follow. If the guy they wanted isn’t available, at least we’re not stuck with Teddy. 

You just bypassed a chance to go out and get an actual upside QB prospect 

If said prospect develops into a star, you will be held to account for that

nobody cares about this trade if they end up with a rookie QB, the reality is that it’s unlikely 

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Calling him a bust is pretty premature. 

a top 3 pick in year 3 threw for 9 tds. That is a bust. I understand the thought process of the move but its the doubling down on these qb projects. We should’ve never been in this situation to begin with and that’s managements fault. We should’ve done a clean rebuild. So this is the choice that they’ve made and they have to live with it. That’s why 2023 they’re on the hot seat if they haven’t got a franchise qb. I’ll hope for the best when games start but I’m not expecting anything much from him. If they draft Lance or fields at 8 I’ll be pretty happy. But I’ll never be happy with picking up darnolds 5th year option when there was absolutely no reason to as it stands right now. 

• Beer 2