• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To all you Karen's and Nancy's, Darnold will be the best trade in Panthers history! Yes better than Olsen

TheBigKat

16 minutes ago, NJPanthers89 said:

Lmfao you really just commented on someone’s rep on a message board.  I’ve seen it all..I don’t post often, I have something called a life. 

All the rep in the world won’t make Darnold a good QB.  I live in NJ, I watch the Jets often, I’ve seen Darnold in person often.  I don’t know what else you need to hear, he’s garbage.  You have probably seen like one Jets game your entire life.

Well...the Jets have been hot garbage during Darnold's entire time there, so...when you're  playing for an awful HC after playing for other bad HCs...and OCs and RBs and suspect WRs, the best of which they essentially sent shipping (where he had his best year), you're probably going to look like the garbage around you, especially when you're young and drafted into the garbage.

Edited by top dawg

Just now, top dawg said:

Well...the Jets have been hot garbage during Darnold's entire time there, so...when you're drafted by, and playing for an awful HC after playing for other bad HCs...and OCs and RBs and suspect WRs, the best of which they essentially sent shipping (where he had his best year), you're probably going to look like the garbage around you.

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well...the Jets have been hot garbage during Darnold's entire time there, so...when you're  playing for an awful HC after playing for other bad HCs...and OCs and RBs and suspect WRs, the best of which they essentially sent shipping (where he had his best year), you're probably going to look like the garbage around you, especially when you're young and drafted into the garbage.

The Texans were hot garbage this year, also had a horrible HC, had suspect WRs, terrible OL, everything you just mentioned.  Did that make Watson look like garbage?  No because he’s actually good.  Darnold has not shown even a glimmer that he’s getting better or grasps being a consistent NFL starter.  In fact based on all the metrics he’s gotten worse.  Joe Flacco looked better in the offense than he did last year, let that sink in.  Every QB can make throws here and again, Darnold can look good every once in a while, but he’s just not consistent enough to be an NFL starter.  This isn’t the same as Tannehill who has running ability when the passing isn’t there.  

if you wanna stay in mediocrity than Darnold is the guy for you, it’s disheartening because the Panthers actually have a good team surrounding the QB..

• 11 months later...

No trolling or BS, I still have a 20% hope that Darnold can be the man.

Shame on everyone calling Darnold a 100% bum. Hes never had a decent OL in his pro career, panthers are trying to correct that. IFFifififiifii ifififiifif CMC can stay healthy, that would put the brakes on pass rushing. The WR core is as good as any. If he can solve the mental part and figure out what the Ds are trying to do....thats much easier if youre not running for your life like he has the last 4 years. 

I still hold out a little hope, hes still young...

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

This bump feels unfair lol

I hated the trade then, but I still thinks theres an lane where Darnold can be successful. Shame hes been running for life the last 4 years. 

Above average D, decent run game, decent OL, heathly CMC.......and therapy..... maybe??? 

• Pie 1

I agree.  You take him from the Jets where he had a horrible oline and horrible coaching.  Then you bring him to the Panthers and give me a worse oline and a first time OC who cannot call plays.  Plus, Rhule treated the team like it was still college. 

Take out CMC and it's probably a worse environment than the Jets.  I'm very curious to see what he can do with a real OC and a real NFL caliber oline.  I have no idea if he's really good or not but there is no way he's been given a real chance yet.

On 4/5/2021 at 2:44 PM, TheBigKat said:

He had NOTHING to work with at the armpit of NFL teams known as the Jets

He had a deranged coach, look at Tannehill when he left MIA and went to TEN. Gase is POISON

He comes to a team where he doesn't have to be 'the guy' he just needs to give it to studs like CMC, Robbie, Moore

This isn't a bad trade, a bad trade is getting the Everette Brown's of the world in the second round

Look at what backup QBs get traded for, career journeymens like Sam Bradford. Look at what was spent for a 30+ year old in Stafford

This was a no risk pick and not mortgaging the present and future on a complete unknown rookie

This is saucy.