• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hello there!

Zod

24 minutes ago, SmartyHurney4 said:

Were you really that optimistic with Teddy? You got a little sour when someone pointed stats out that showed he wasn't turning in a franchise QB, and then banned people.

You're a little triggered on the inside. It's why you're making this thread.

spacer.png

You're the embodiment of this meme, but dumber.

Woah. You sure showed him with your 27th post ever. We should put you in charge of this joint.

Derp

This trade opens up a lot of potentially positive situations in the draft. There is still a good chance of Fields or Lance falling to 8, especially as teams are probably now less likely to trade up to get in front of us. This means taking the QB or going with BPA but also makes the chances of trading back much more likely. With Denver sitting at 9, there are still a few QB needy teams (WFT, Bears, Patriots) that I'm sure would be desperate to trade up to get in front of them.

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I like this move more then giving up 3 1st round picks for the 3rd best QBS in this round. 

I guess we will see how that comment ages. If the QB taken third in this draft ends up being an elite QB, that won't age well. Especially if Sam Darnold keeps being Sam Darnold.

Quite honestly, the fact that this was likely our fourth option for QB, at best, that isn't encouraging. The fact that we were likely the only team in the NFL to make that offer, way, way, way less encouraging.

On the positive side, I think we are about to see how this GM/coaching staff combo is going to work out. If this flames out, ooh wee mayne.........

Edited by kungfoodude

He's a Panther now, so here's hoping he finds his groove here. It would be great to have a Drew Brees-like resurgence here, or even a Ryan Tannehill one would make it alright. He's still pretty much just a kid, so if it works it could be a good, long term thing.

In the guy's defense, I think that Jets coaching and capabilities would have ruined Joe Montana right out of college, too.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

He's a Panther now, so here's hoping he finds his groove here. It would be great to have a Drew Brees-like resurgence here, or even a Ryan Tannehill one would make it alright. He's still pretty much just a kid, so if it works it could be a good, long term thing.

In the guy's defense, I think that Jets coaching and capabilities would have ruined Joe Montana right out of college, too.

The real question is....would Joe Montana have been Joe Montana without that great 49ers franchise?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The real question is....would Joe Montana have been Joe Montana without that great 49ers franchise?

That's exactly what I am getting at. The current Jets have been so monumentally bad, across the entire team, that there's just no way to know what we've got here in the Darnold trade.

I will say that Rhule and Co. made Anderson into a star-level performer last season after the Jets had done him no good. I'm sure he might have had a voice into what Darnold's capabilities really  are.

Honestly, though, I'm just pulling stuff outta thin air here. Never really saw this coming and I have no research on Darnold.

Edited by Khyber53
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

That's exactly what I am getting at. The current Jets have been so monumentally bad, across the entire team, that there's just no way to know what we've got here in the Darnold trade.

I will say that Rhule and Co. made Anderson into a star-level performer last season after the Jets had done him no good. I'm sure he might have had a voice into what Darnold's capabilities really  are.

Honestly, though, I'm just pulling stuff outta thin air here. Never really saw this coming and I have no research on Darnold.

Well, Rhule and Hurney had a pretty poor hit percentage last offseason but did produce some pretty stellar HR's(Robby being one of the biggest). Let's hope we do better with the Rhule/Fitterer combo this offseason. We definitely cannot keep whiffing at such a high rate on these free agency moves and build sustained success. 

It would be interesting to know what Anderson thought of Darnold off-the-record.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1