• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

11 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

TB totally regrets drafting White #5

White was a considerably better prospect than Parsons. "Generational" prospects are of course the exception to this rule. Players like Quenton Nelson, Luke Kuechly, and in this draft, Kyle Pitts. They all play positions that are far from the most important, but when they have generational abilities the picks become justifiable. Parsons just isn't that good, and considering he abused/molested his teammates I just don't know why we'd want any part of him.

4 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

If you have a win it now team with everything in place (which San Francisco does) he's  the surest bet.

Good point.

No QB (not counting unicorns like Cam Newton) is going to be "good" without a solid OL in front of him and Jones might suffer from that detriment more than others like Fields and Lance.  But, like you point out, as a plug-and-play for a reasonably complete team?  Solid choice.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

If we do go OT round 1 I like the idea of continuing to build the defense.  We need a CB, ILB and safety at minimum IMO.  Maybe a DT.  

DT? I’ve heard all week that this is the weakest DL class in years. Hard pass on DL. We’ve also used our last two first round picks on the defensive line. No linebacker or safety in this draft is worth picking at 8 either. It’s gotta be OT, CB, or trade back. 

1 hour ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I'm officially getting nervous Mac Jones isn't the 49ers pick at 3.  If he falls to 8, with Sewell/Slater/trade downs being options and we take Mac Jones? Oo wee mayne

Mac Jones is the pick at 3 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Verge said:

Mac Jones is the pick at 3 

Verge, are you like me in that you see the possibility of a short trade back to get a top CB and then LT in second?  I could be off on a tangent, but I am thinking they might trade back even if Slater is on the board.  I think #1 CB is perhaps a bigger need than we are realizing, considering our 31st ranking "off the field on third down" ranking.  Just went off on a tangent, read some tea leaves, shook my magic 8 ball, and spent $20 on Psychics.com.  

• Pie 2