• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

POV: You are Joe Brady. What do you want in the draft?

CanadianCat

If I'm JB, I want to make Sam a superstar. That will guarantee me a HC position next year. So give me weapons to show off my offensive genius. 

I agree, But if I'm JB- I want a quality LT. I am praying every night that Sewell falls to #8. I am also pushing to shore up the holes we have on Defense. Any smart offensive coach knows its easier win games when you don't have to score a tons of points every outing.

best way to help a young qb is to give them a decent check down target.  Pitts would give Brady something he doesnt have.  the 2nd/3rd is filled with OT/OG to choose from.

I wouldn't call Pitts a check down target, but there is no doubt he would help Darnold and the team. IMO though, Sewell is the option (if I'm TB). There are TE's that can taken later too that may have check down potential. The debate on this is probably moot, since neither are likely to be there at 8.

41 minutes ago, Michael G said:

I wouldn't call Pitts a check down target, but there is no doubt he would help Darnold and the team. IMO though, Sewell is the option (if I'm TB). There are TE's that can taken later too that may have check down potential. The debate on this is probably moot, since neither are likely to be there at 8.

Yea CMC is the check down target. Pitts would be the #2

54 minutes ago, t96 said:

LT for sure, unless he’s not sold on Darnold, then it’d be whatever QB he likes best.

Yeah.  We have weapons and would’ve won more games last year with better QB play.  Teddy only started 4 of our wins.  So get an LT and pray that Sam is decent, or at least better than Teddy.