• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final first round predictions!

Jaxel

I don't think we're really that interested in Fields. I think it's all been a coordinated smoke screen to trigger someone into trading with us. 

I doubt Sewell or Pitts will be there. 

If we trade back I have a nervous feeling we'll end up taking some guy none of us have even been discussing and it ends up being a letdown.

Edited by CanePantherHornet
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I don't think we're really that interested in Fields. I think it's all been a coordinates screen to trigger someone into trading with us. 

If we trade back I have a nervous feeling we'll end up taking some guy none of us have even been discussing and it ends up being a letdown.

🙄

5 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I don't think we're really that interested in Fields. I think it's all been a coordinates screen to trigger someone into trading with us. 

If it's a smokescreen it's a long one. There were very early reports that we loved Fields. Those have gone quiet until very recently.

14 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I don't think we're really that interested in Fields. I think it's all been a coordinated smoke screen to trigger someone into trading with us. 

I don’t think we are “interested” in fields so somebody will trade with us. I think it’s so somebody will trade ahead of us and take a QB in hopes Chase, Sewell, or Pitts fall to us.

We trade back 4 times, accumulate 14 total picks this year and an additional 4 next year. We choose a bunch of nobodies and the board goes crazy. 

7 months from now, we're laughing because our nobodies are undefeated and heading to the playoffs. People are writing about us in historical terms...greatest coaching job in the history of the NFL. Rhule is called the new Belichick. 

At the end of the season, Belichick retires and Rhule is hired by New England. Tepper offers Joe Brady a ridiculous amount of money to become head coach. He accepts. We proceed to go 6-11.

Or not.

Edited by Pup McBarky
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

We trade back 4 times, accumulate 14 total picks this year and an additional 4 next year. We choose a bunch of nobodies and the board goes crazy. 

7 months from now, we're laughing because our nobodies are undefeated and heading to the playoffs. People are writing about us in historical terms...greatest coaching job in the history of the NFL. Rhule is called the new Belichick. 

At the end of the season, Belichick retires and Rhule is hired by New England. Tepper offers Joe Brady a ridiculous amount of money to become head coach. He accepts. We proceed to go 6-11.

Or not.

It's kind of a vague prediction. Could you be a little more specific? 🤔

• Pie 1

Fields makes too much sense. If Fields is there I think we take him. I think the competition between him and Darnold would make them both better and it’s a win for Carolina. Getting rid of Teddy removes a huge distraction that we didn’t need and could have hampered their development.  Get the guy that that can be a franchise QB and spend the second and third getting the best available tackles.  Hell, take all tackles and cornerbacks. 

I hope San Fran is dumb enough to take Mac Jones. 

• Pie 1

Ok, so draft day...  and as I expected, I have a clearer idea of how my board breaks down.

I have it Fields/Lance, Sewell, then Horn/Surtain.

I have a feeling Fields, Lance, and Sewell will be gone.  I think we trade back a few spots and still take Horn or Surtain, and I give Horn a slight edge as my preference.