• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers pick up Sam Darnolds 5th

TheWiz

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Insiders have said several times that the team wasn't very high on Lance.

Their thought was that he doesn't fit Joe Brady's system.

Fair enough. If that’s the case I am surprised they put on the QB smoke screen to not take any deals down. Maybe they didn’t want to take a chance on losing Horn.

1 minute ago, CashNewton22 said:

Man some of y’all can find any way to make something negative. It’s literally been ONE round of the draft jeez at least wait until it’s over to declare the Panthers incompetent.

Huddle gonna Huddle...  We specialize in over reacting and the worst hot takes 😃

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

They were most likely bluffing.  Not in the way you're thinking though.  They were trying to drum up as much value for trading back as possible or hoping a team would trade in front of them to take Fields so someone else (probably Sewell) would fall and it obviously didnt work like they had hoped.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, TheWiz said:

Panther fans have no reason to hate Sam Darnold. We ALL want him to do well. We just have no reason to believe that all of a sudden he's going to transform into anything that he hasn't always been. 

Panthers are making a habit of getting guys with known problems and limitations and hoping they magically morph into something different on their team.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, NAS said:

Makes me wonder if they were still hoping a QB they liked fell to them. We know it wasn’t Fields or Jones. I think it was Lance, my favorite all along

See above.

We've been told by more than one source that the Panthers didn't like Lance and thought his skill set was a mismatch for Joe Brady's offense

Person stated a while back that the Panthers didn't think that much of any of the quarterbacks outside the top two. The result of the draft would seem to bear that out.

• Pie 1

Just now, hepcat said:

Panthers are making a habit of getting guys with known problems and limitations and hoping they magically morph into something different on their team.

Kind of like Teddy Bridgewater without an offensive mind like Sean Payton? I detest the Saints but if they can go to the playoffs with two gloves and our staff can't string together some wins with Darnold it is going to start looking iffy.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

See above.

We've been told by more than one source that the Panthers didn't like Lance and thought his skill set was a mismatch for Joe Brady's offense

Person stated a while back that the Panthers didn't think that much of any of the quarterbacks outside the top two. The result of the draft would seem to bear that out.

They didnt even go to his 2nd pro day.  We didnt want him, Mac and Fields apparently. 

10 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I'm not so sure about that.

We just didn't get an offer we liked / apparently loved Horn. Two of the highly coveted QBs were there at our pick.

I am.

Jeremy Fowler actually said a little before the draft that the Panthers were putting it out there that they could take a quarterback but some teams weren't buying it.

Once the report got out that they weren't picking up Darnold's option yet, multiple analysts jumped on it to say that it meant we were probably taking a quarterback.

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I bet after Lance went #3, they wanted Sewell most likely. Would have been a slam dunk pick. And then you could have gotten Asante Samuel Jr in the 2nd round. Horn was probably like guy number 4-5 on their list for pick 8.

College coach syndrome 

guys are just a little bit of good feelings and Coach ‘Em Up away from being a tear jerking success story

• Pie 1