• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold HAS to be excited.

Zod

4 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

The Imperial Japanese Army went this route in WWII.  They were euphemistically named ‘comfort girls’.  That decision did not age well.  

Isn't that what the "cat houses" in Nevada are for. Guy has enough cash to go every week if he wanted to... if he needs to get laid or whatever without problems.

Edited by Jmac
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The last staff landed a stud QB than just completely leaned on that guy to be the entire offense.

Yup and this fan base still to this day talks about Cam as if he was the absolute worse QB ever drafted in the NFL.  He had his faults, no doubt about that but Ron and his incompetent staff of goons leaned on that man to do everything on offense.  

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Isn't that what the "cat houses" in Nevada are for. Guy has enough cash to go every week if he wanted to... if he needs to get laid or whatever without problems.

I have really thought about the Watson situation and some dudes just aren't satisfied enough with getting it that easy.  Not saying this is what Watson did because no one knows that but him and the woman charging him with crimes but its the chase, flexing his stardom to see how far he could push things and thats what got him off.  People are weird my dude and when it comes to sexual desires / experiences they can go beyond not only the realm of weird but full out violating others and being downright immoral.  Sex is a powerful drive in humans and people with money / power think they can abuse others at will ( of course I am not talking about everyone in that situation ).  Its way more complex than a guy with millions of dollars just paying for sex anytime he wants, its's about their ultimate desires no matter how evil those desires may be.  

We are all in on Darnold. Give him all the confidence he needs to get in a grove. picked up his option, passed on fields, drafted more weapons and an H back that will come across the formation and take a dudes head off.. 

give him the benifit of the doubt, and if it doesnt work out, were off the hook in 2 years

he will go off

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Wolfpredator said:

Yup and this fan base still to this day talks about Cam as if he was the absolute worse QB ever drafted in the NFL.  He had his faults, no doubt about that but Ron and his incompetent staff of goons leaned on that man to do everything on offense.  

I wouldn’t go that far. You really don’t see much vintage cam hate here. Just people speaking of the fact that cam doesn’t have it anymore. Age is a bitch in this league for running qbs.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Sam Darnold: His defenders say he just needs a chance in a better environment. He will get that.

The Carolina Panthers didn't draft a quarterback in the first round, even with Justin Fields and Mac Jones on the board. They already traded Teddy Bridgewater.

In the second round, the Panther selected LSU receiver Terrace Marshall Jr., a fantastic college player who slipped due to injury concerns. He'll be paired with D.J. Moore and Robby Anderson, a pair of 1,000-yard receivers. Darnold also has superback Christian McCaffrey with him. Then in the third round, the Panthers added to the line by drafting BYU tackle Brady Christensen. It's a good situation.

The Panthers are showing a lot of faith in Darnold, and not much of it has been earned. The dysfunctional Jets situation has been blamed. Now we'll have a chance to see.

Yep. Pretty much spot on.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I wouldn’t go that far. You really don’t see much vintage cam hate here. Just people speaking of the fact that cam doesn’t have it anymore. Age is a bitch in this league for running qbs.

Not really talking about the huddle but other social media outlets.  The hate Cam gets from this general fan base is almost disgusting levels.  I am still a firm believer in Cam getting hatred for reason way beyond his times of bad QB play but I am 100% not opening that can of worms again.  I am not talking about the broken down Cam from the past few years but before that.  Even in 2015 people weren't giving the man his dues.  I saw a guy just the other day saying that our 2015 was a complete credit to the defense ( they deserve recognition too for sure but Cam had nothing to do with our success? ).  I stand by my original statement but I agree, the very small percentage of Panther fans on this site are more level headed football fans.  

1 minute ago, Wolfpredator said:

Not really talking about the huddle but other social media outlets.  The hate Cam gets from this general fan base is almost disgusting levels.  I am still a firm believer in Cam getting hatred for reason way beyond his times of bad QB play but I am 100% not opening that can of worms again.  I am not talking about the broken down Cam from the past few years but before that.  Even in 2015 people weren't giving the man his dues.  I saw a guy just the other day saying that our 2015 was a complete credit to the defense ( they deserve recognition too for sure but Cam had nothing to do with our success? ).  I stand by my original statement but I agree, the very small percentage of Panther fans on this site are more level headed football fans.  

I wouldn’t look too much into that stuff. At the end of the day... it’s your opinion and that’s all that should matter. People are always gonna hate, it’s too easy to do over social media. I think Cam was the best player in the league for many years. The falloff hurt... and it was too evident. I will forever remember Cam 2011-2015.

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

They tried to build around Cam, they just weren't very good at it.  If you look at the draft picks and free agent signings while Cam was here, we used a lot of capital on offense.  But to many of their choices flamed out.  

To an extent they did, especially the first year with the pair of TEs we had. But it took them years into his tenure to draft a WR in the first three rounds, and the OL was a huge problem and they never seemed to commit to fixing it the way they would positions on the defense.

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

If Rhule can get Sam's head right he just might be salvageable.  He's definitely in a much better situation here.

It's your last chance to show the league you are not a bust Sam.

The quality of players matters a lot. The Jets were terrible at drafting and nobody wanted to go there in FA. Darnold is basically going from a bottom five skill group to a top 5 skill group. It makes a big difference if the route to the flat or a slant goes for 40 instead of 5...the quality of skill player makes a big difference in that metric. 

If you watch Darnolds highlights (not the best metric but it’s something)...he’s constantly making really really difficult attempts. His positive yards weren’t based on a great skill player taking it the distance on a easy completion. For the most part it was him making high level of difficulty completions.

Sam Darnold is the luckiest QB in the league. The kid got a mulligan! For all practical purposes, this is his essentially his rookie year all over again. Sure, it will be a shorter window to succeed, and it probably should be because he does have some pro experience, but he'll get two years to turn his fortunes around as opposed to one that I've seen suggested here. It just makes sense. Short of Deshaun Watson, Sammy's going to get a legit shot. Mark my words!

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I wouldn’t look too much into that stuff. At the end of the day... it’s your opinion and that’s all that should matter. People are always gonna hate, it’s too easy to do over social media. I think Cam was the best player in the league for many years. The falloff hurt... and it was too evident. I will forever remember Cam 2011-2015.

I do not try to change anyones mind anymore.  I will say my take and be done with it.  If anything this past four years has taught me is that no matter what you say, facts or otherwise, you're not going to be able to change someones mind...especially in America.  People will double down on their positions, even when presented with empirical evidence that says to the contrary.  No matter, I have went far too deep on the subject of Cam and this thread has nothing to do with him so i'll leave it here for now.  I get what you're saying and completely agree with you.

• Pie 1