• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 4 - Carolina Panthers select Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State.

Zod

3 minutes ago, Michael G said:

More Coach Speak here--dominant players can hold onto the ball and pass protect a little better. Like I said earlier- good athlete-- He should be able to come in and compete to play behind CMC

I think he's saying that because (per ESPN, I didn't see the game) he murdered Baylor.

Panthers selected Oklahoma State RB Chuba Hubbard with the No. 126 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft.

A Canadian high school track star, Hubbard (6’0/210) signed with Oklahoma State as a three-star recruit and immediately showcased difference-making top speed. He became an All-American as a sophomore by rushing for 2,084 yards and 21 touchdowns on 328 carries, but that workload was arguably too heavy for Hubbard to handle. He had two offseason surgeries and suffered an ankle sprain last season, tanking his timed top-end speed (4.50 forty) and draft stock in the process. Overall, Hubbard isn’t going to break many arm tackles in the pros and likely comes with a touch restriction. To maximize his in-space talents, Hubbard needs to develop his pass-catching abilities (53 career receptions). He profiles as a big-play No. 2 or No. 3 back in the NFL but obviously won't handle many touches behind Christian McCaffrey. He'll be a tremendous option to stash on rosters (a la Mike Davis) just in case injuries surprisingly spring on McCaffrey once again.

9 minutes ago, MGH1989 said:

Why do y’all think dudes are finished products? You don’t think he can be taught how to have better ball security?

Just not my first choice, but, its not up to me or any of us- I hope he can come learn to hold onto the ball better and pass protect better, but it is a gamble. Defenses in the NFL are a lot better at getting the ball out than those he played against so I am concerned. We will see...hopefully he can come in and help us. He has a really nice burst-from the film so..

Edited by Michael G