• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule on Rich Eisen Today

5 hours ago, ChapelHeel80 said:

I was happy to hear him say that. Overly involved owners are a huge problem and I feared Tepper would be that guy. 

I want our owner engaged....he is a really smart guy

that facility he is building in rock hill is going to be state of the art...he is dumping a lot of his own cash into our team

i also want him to let the people he hired do their jobs...and he seems to do that very well

i still say changing the field from grass sucks

5 hours ago, TheWiz said:

Matt Rhule saw Joe Horn in the parking lot and fanned out at JayCee's pro-day.

Hell, I would've too.  Have his glove that he threw to my kids from the first Saints game at Ericson Stadium. 

2 hours ago, NAS said:

As I've stated before, I just hope Darnold isn't damaged psychologically and that he will gain confidence and his mojo under Rhule and Brady.  I'm excited about the possibilities.

The first thing I thought of when he was signed was the David Carr signing from the Texans. That was an experiment that failed big time. He couldn't get over his fear of a bad O-line. I'm seriously pulling for Darnold to succeed here.

1 minute ago, GRWatcher said:

Hell, I would've too.  Have his glove that he threw to my kids from the first Saints game at Ericson Stadium. 

The first thing I thought of when he was signed was the David Carr signing from the Texans. That was an experiment that failed big time. He couldn't get over his fear of a bad O-line. I'm seriously pulling for Darnold to succeed here.

The chances of Sam turning into David Carr are very low.

All Carr is known for is getting sacked over and over and over again due to a bad Houston O-Line. (76 times?? No wonder he was never the same after leaving Houston)

As bad as the Jets were, Sam at least was able to move his feet and make some plays to get away from the pressure instead of just standing there and getting walloped.  

Call me crazy but based on all those Sacks that David suffered, I don't think he was much of a scrambler like Sam is.  

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

39 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yeah...bar is laying on the ground. Shouldn't be too hard to be better.

it would be the most jets thing ever if they gave up on a top 5 qb pick that ends up becoming a top 10 qb in the league while the qb they just drafted busts hard.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

That’s not the pressure situations I’m talking about. 49ers were winning 31-6 when that play occurred. I’m talking 4th quarter game on the line plays. Teddy failed miserably. I have no idea how Darnold will be. 

i said in that post darnold can make plays that like 5 qbs in the league can make because he is talented but it’s putting it all together that most people have concerns about.

its true we have no idea how Darnold will perform under pressure here, but he did have 4 game winning drives in his first couple years (out of 11 total wins), despite the team around him being not very good at all.

It is worth mentioning that in 2 of his 3 seasons, Darnold threw more TDs than Teddy ever has in 1 season... and the last 3 years, Darnold has averaged 8.4 intended air yards per completion - and approximate measure of depth of target - while Teddy only averaged 6.8.  While 8.4 vs 6.8 may not seem like much, when we're talking about averages across a game that adds up to a few more deep shots per game.  Of course this kind of thing is heavily influenced by the offense the team is running so a direct comparison is a little unfair.

but I won't be satisfied with just better than Teddy.  Maybe next year.  But if we're going to be passing on a 1st round QB I want Darnold to be a guy to build the franchise around.  I hope he is.