• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Every Teams Biggest Steal From The 2021 NFL Draft

KatsAzz

4 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Nicknames can change, Karen! Gah!

From 2018...

"Whenever Deonte Brown calls or texts Bradley Bozeman, it pops up with his nickname, the one the redshirt sophomore offensive lineman has had since arriving at Alabama — “Cornbread.”

It may be time for a new nickname, though.

From the time I got his number, he’s been saved in my phone as that, as Cornbread,” said Bozeman, who is now with the Baltimore Ravens. “But, I mean, he’s more closer to a flatbread now.”

Two years ago, the 6-foot-4 Brown arrived in Tuscaloosa weighing 400 pounds. Two years later, the Decatur native is down 70 pounds and may be the Crimson Tide’s long-term answer at left guard, a position that had been a consistent problem area for the Tide through the first half of the regular season."

He was Cornbread at 400lbs and Flatbread at 330lbs.

We drafted him at 345lbs, so I nominate Focaccia! 

focaccia altoadige GIF

It's his nickname, Kyle

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

It's his nickname, Kyle

Wrong.

It's Focaccia now.

I was actually appointed Under Secretary of Nicknames. I report directly to the head of the United States Nickname Bureau. The USNB was established as a division of the USPS as a part of The Patriot Act.

Per USNB guidelines...

"While no US Persons shall be allowed to amend one's own nickname, amendments are allowed under certain circumstances."

"2.B.iii. In circumstances where nicknames are based off of weight, they may be amended for accuracy no more than twice in a 10 year period.

2.B.iii.a Reverse nicknames based off of weight are exempt from amendment clause 2.B.iii and can never be changed."

Deonte "Focaccia" Brown has now been registered with the USNB.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Stumpy said:

Wrong.

It's Focaccia now.

I was actually appointed Under Secretary of Nicknames. I report directly to the head of the United States Nickname Bureau. The USNB was established as a division of the USPS as a part of The Patriot Act.

Per USNB guidelines...

"While no US Persons shall be allowed to amend one's own nickname, amendments are allowed under certain circumstances."

"2.B.iii. In circumstances where nicknames are based off of weight, they may be amended for accuracy no more than twice in a 10 year period.

2.B.iii.a Reverse nicknames based off of weight are exempt from amendment clause 2.B.iii and can never be changed."

Croquembouche

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, KatsAzz said:

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/gallery/2021-nfl-draft-biggest-steal-every-team-justin-fields-kwity-paye-azeez-ojulari-joseph-ossai-asante-samuel-jr/

The best teams in the NFL win the draft by matching value with need across all seven rounds, and scoring top talent much later than they should have come off the board.

Here are our picks for the biggest steal for each of the 32 teams from the 2021 NFL draft:

Carolina Panthers--Guard Deonte Brown 193th Overall

usatsi_11553841.jpg?w=1000

this guy will serve better than christensen, tab this post for the future. this is the pro bowler and was an amazing pick.

• Beer 1

50 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Wrong.

It's Focaccia now.

Per USNB guidelines...

John Madden on line 1 to disagree

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, RumHam said:

this guy will serve better than christensen, tab this post for the future. this is the pro bowler and was an amazing pick.

I hope you are right in your assumption. I also feel Deonte Brown was a steal with our 193rd, 6th rd pick.

I have no question about his playing ability as long as he keeps his weigh under control, something that is somewhat of  a concern to me.

What the Carolina Panthers are getting in Deonte Brown, Alabama's massive  and powerful offensive guard – The Athletic

Edited by KatsAzz