• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Opens up About Carolina (CBS)

3 minutes ago, Floppin said:

You don't think that the circumstances that Covid created altered how teams prepared throughout the year? This was literally a season like any other. It's an absolute fact that teams had altered routines. There's no getting around that.

Maybe so, but the last thing I would alter is practicing the hardest situations to perform in.  

Also, it's not like these guys know how to run an NFL practice or have an approach to alter for covid.  This season was all they know.

Edited by Riv

53 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

"With the whole deal in Carolina, it is what it is, man," Bridgewater explained. "I told them once the season ended, 'I wear big boy drawers, and I understand the nature of this business.' And it's a performance-based business. Yeah, I could sit up here and say Christian (McCaffrey) got hurt and we didn't have this ... (but) I look in the mirror and say, 'Hey, you gotta tighten up.'"

But saying it now is not much better--but he is right, fwiw.  CMC got hurt and you had a no OL--and they had a QB who was kept in the game until the fourth quarter and was like 0-7 in being "performance based."

• Pie 1

Just now, Riv said:

Maybe so, but the last thing I would alter is practicing the hardest situations to perform in.  

Well they did practice it, just maybe not as much as you would have in other years. You have to remember that this was a team without any continuity. It was a new coaching staff and a new scheme in a truncated year. They were having to literally install the offense on the fly throughout the year that was altered by a pandemic. I'm fairly certain that how things were prioritized last year would have been vastly different with a real offseason or even in year two of a regime.

• Pie 1

I think this is a perfect learning experience for how we need to treat Sam or any talent that has underperformed and we ultimately put trust/belief in. 

Edit: I don't specifically mean this situation. I mean the whole Teddy Project.

Edited by CarolinaLivin

Just now, Floppin said:

Well they did practice it, just maybe not as much as you would have in other years. You have to remember that this was a team without any continuity. It was a new coaching staff and a new scheme in a truncated year. They were having to literally install the offense on the fly throughout the year that was altered by a pandemic. I'm fairly certain that how things were prioritized last year would have been vastly different with a real offseason or even in year two of a regime.

That's fair.

11 minutes ago, Riv said:

1. They thought Teddy was good enough to invest a bunch of money and years into.

2. Like Teddy, he didn't go out and sign the best players available, they signed guys he and Joe knew from earlier in the careers.

3. They have VERY little NFL experience in the building.  From the owner on down.  Now a guy who's known as a great dude and NFL pro say out loud that they didn't practice like other teams.

4. They decided to try for the playoffs instead of tanking for the generational QB.  Ended up with a horrible season and draft position.

5. They traded down in the draft to get depth, which was an odd move for a roster devoid of talent. I don't want to hear it about the percieved potential of the drafted players or the draft grades, let's see them play first.  I'm just talking about the strategy employed, you can't not say it was a quantity over quality draft approach.

6. They oddly sent away our best offensive lineman just before the season started.

7. They got rid of all of our expereinced vets and completely bungled Cam.

I don't disagree on a lot of stuff you said, but it had been a long time since Trae Turner had been in the conversation for being our best OL.

56 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Still a great professional and this is why he will have some kind of job in this league for years to come.

Is this a joke? He criticized the coaching and threw in the reminder that Christian was out. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

I hate when he says "I could say this excuse or this excuse...but that's not me" You're basically bringing up the excuse. What a clown. 

You've heard the saying, "When they tell you it's not about the money, it's about the money."

Generally speaking, I think a similar principle applies to the phrase "I'm not making excuses."

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't disagree on a lot of stuff you said, but it had been a long time since Trae Turner had been in the conversation for being our best OL.

Who was better on that 2019 team?  I don't think trading Turner for Okung made our line better.

59 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Still a great professional and this is why he will have some kind of job in this league for years to come.

Lol, how? He 100% just made excuses and tried to pull the whole “I could say it but I’m not saying it but this is what I could say if I were to make an excuse...but I’m not saying it...but maybe if you wanna say it...” bs. I’ve been extremely unimpressed with his professionalism. He doesn’t hold himself accountable and thinly veils it publicly.

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

You must have lived through a different off-season to me.

Not throwing him under the bus does not equal lying about the situation.  It was clear from the end of the season that the "Teddy era " (error?) was over.  

While not totally blaming Teddy also served to keep what trade value we had alive .... so our motives were not 100% altruistic.  It still could have been a lot uglier.