• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sooo what's the plan for LT?

Verge

Just now, shaqattaq said:

Little better hope to God that he can play LG or he probably won't be around come Sept.

I've said many times I wouldn't try him at guard.

I don't think his body is as much of a problem as his head. This,asking him to learn a new position probably isn't the best idea.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Little will be cut due to numbers--we added 3 OL (Christensen, Brown, and Moore)  and I think all make the roster.  Since I figure we keep no more than 10 OL (Moton, Paradis, Miller, Elflien, Irving, Daley, and Scott)   Little has no future contract coming, might as well cut him and let him go to Buffalo or Washington.

I'd at least make an effort to trade him to Ron and Marty first.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Verge said:

I had expected us to be in on Leno or Fisher, but there has been no noise in that regard. There isn't anything left on the trade market or FA market, which makes that position pretty much set.  Are we really comfortable allowing Erving/Little/Scott/Christensen duke it out to protect our new franchise QBs blindside? What if that fails miserably as history suggests it will? I find it hard to believe our staff shrugged their shoulders at the second most important position in football, but here we are. 

Pray Jesus Christ GIF

Im still salty about the loins picking Sewell.

Okung is still out there, tho Finseeser was with Seahawks when they got rid of him, i have huge doubts about him returning. In fact I think Boston and him have about the same odds to return.

If....if...if only Little wasnt a bust.. This team would be scary if Little proved he could be a LT. dam.

Peters is out there, no idea how he lasted this long, so whats another yr?? If you feel froggy about playoffs.....

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think we'll play Christiansen at LG if we think he's the future at LT. At best, Erving is a stop gap. I think they'll want Christiansen preparing for that spot as soon as he's ready.

Matt Rhule disagrees with you:

“He comes from that pro-style offense at BYU so he’s done the things that we are asking guys to do,” Panthers head coach Matt Rhule said. “He’s been doing it there. He’s a tackle candidate that can also go inside and play guard. Again, a great, great, great athlete. Intelligence, the whole package.”

They’ll put the best five on the field. If that means getting the rookie’s feet wet for a while at LG, I don’t think there will be any hesitation. It can only help his development. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think we'll play Christiansen at LG if we think he's the future at LT. At best, Erving is a stop gap. I think they'll want Christiansen preparing for that spot as soon as he's ready.

I know this is hard, but when I heard about his 32 arms(jesus thats short). I seen a couple pics and his arms do not look "short"....Id know being an arms expert...... Heres another thing, arms are just one part. Hand size and chest matter too. Hes got 10+ inch hands and a huge chest. 35' arms on a 40'chest or 32' arms on a 60' chest? Its like height, you can have a short neck but long torse and legs, but be 5'11. I wonder how NFL measures arms, hmmm wrist to joint?

Checkout his pics, btw I dont think hes the answer at LT

image.jpeg.0a81853c63e94151e731a71bad06c56f.jpeg

image.jpeg.53189e015bce5c8f992e4315bddb7cce.jpeg

hard for me to see t-tex arms.

Edited by Basbear

Think about how many LTs are in the league that fans would actually consider good, 8-12?

Think about how old some of them are, mid to late 30s.

Think about all of them that have been drafted in the past 12 to 14 years.

My guess is we will have a middle of road O-line, fans will think it is the worst, our offensive system will help some.  

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Verge said:

I had expected us to be in on Leno or Fisher, but there has been no noise in that regard. There isn't anything left on the trade market or FA market, which makes that position pretty much set.  Are we really comfortable allowing Erving/Little/Scott/Christensen duke it out to protect our new franchise QBs blindside? What if that fails miserably as history suggests it will? I find it hard to believe our staff shrugged their shoulders at the second most important position in football, but here we are. 

I am happy with Horn over Slater and look forward to see how this shakes out.  Christensen has upside.

Are we really concerned with not signing Fischer when the Chiefs released the guy and they had the worst offensive line problems imaginable?

Edited by Shocker

6 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

If Brady Christensen's arm length was 33", he may have gone in the first round because his tape is so good. I'd say the job is his to lose.

I'm not so sure that if it had been a normal process he wasn't a low 1 to mid-2 guy.  You're right his pass-pro looks really good at that level.

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We'll just be revisiting the same hole we have had since Gross left. 

We just don't prioritize it or make smart decisions. It's amazing.

Yes, because our team.ignores a position. Especially the LT position. 🙄

Wish some of you would just acknowledge that finding a good LT isn't as easy as picking one out of thin air. 

• Pie 3