Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Sooo what's the plan for LT?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I honestly think it plays out like this based on what I've seen ..

If healthy Daley barely beats out Erving. Erving barely beats out Scott..

The wildcard is Christensen..

If you take away the role players with short arms have played at LT in history then Christensen should be the starter week 1. Idunno, I think Erving and Daley have the advantage with the latter starting "if" he can stay healthy. Then again, Carolina seems to be that one team that drafts/develops players that excel despite whatever limitation is placed on 'em. 

The only thing I know for certain is, we were graded around the middle of the pack last year ....I think we're improved. 

Daley staying healthy would be looking me of a stretch at this point.

Last year they favored Scott over Daley, and while he's not exactly a premier talent, he didn't do a bad job either.

I think it'll come down to Erving, Scott and Christensen. Erving and/or Scott might start Week 1 but I think the job eventually goes to Christensen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Daley staying healthy would be looking me of a stretch at this point.

Last year they favored Scott over Daley, and while he's not exactly a premier talent, he didn't do a bad job either.

I think it'll come down to Erving, Scott and Christensen. Erving and/or Scott might start Week 1 but I think the job eventually goes to Christensen.

Fair enough. I didn't realize they started Scott over Daley, I thought he got the nod due to injuries. 

Christensen could indeed be a beast in time. I'm reluctant to crown him based on the competition he faced at BYU though.

Also cant forget that the answer may or may not be on the roster yet. Until after preseason cuts.

That interior line though... should have some stiff camp battles. Hopefully Paradis will continue building on his growth last season. And between Erving, Elfein, Brown, Daley, Miller, Moore and Scott, the guard position should be pretty reliable. 

Really wanna see in particular:

Derrick Brown vs Deonte Brown (again)

Brian Burns vs Brady Christensen

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Fair enough. I didn't realize they started Scott over Daley, I thought he got the nod due to injuries. 

Christensen could indeed be a beast in time. I'm reluctant to crown him based on the competition he faced at BYU though.

Also cant forget that the answer may or may not be on the roster yet. Until after preseason cuts.

That interior line though... should have some stiff camp battles. Hopefully Paradis will continue building on his growth last season. And between Erving, Elfein, Brown, Daley, Miller, Moore and Scott, the guard position should be pretty reliable. 

Really wanna see in particular:

Derrick Brown vs Deonte Brown (again)

Brian Burns vs Brady Christensen

I'm hopeful for Christensen, but it also wouldn't surprise me terribly if next year was the year we get our franchise left tackle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm hopeful for Christensen, but it also wouldn't surprise me terribly if next year was the year we get our franchise left tackle.

We'd certainly have the money to, if that's what we needed to do next offseason. 

That is assuming our own FA's don't take a 3rd of the budget to resign/extend. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

We'd certainly have the money to, if that's what we needed to do next offseason. 

That is assuming our own FA's don't take a 3rd of the budget to resign/extend. 

Could also be in position to trade up in the draft if this year's roster is better than last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2021 at 8:08 PM, onmyown said:

It really is. Have the Panthers ever made the playoffs without decent LT play?

I know they’ve never made it without a top oline.

Yet here we are.

I like Christianson but he played garbage competition and had top oline coaching. And Erving? Really? Lol

It‘ll be patchwork with Scott and the rookie’s learning curve and it will be ugly. Moton at LT seems like blasphemy to this organization for some reason.

Well there’s a major asterisk next to it but even at 7-8-1 we made the playoffs with Byron Bell at LT and Nate Chandler/Remmers at RT.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, panther4life said:

Well there’s a major asterisk next to it but even at 7-8-1 we made the playoffs with Byron Bell at LT and Nate Chandler/Remmers at RT.

 

 

God that gives me nightmares. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2021 at 9:46 PM, kungfoodude said:

I did want Fields or Slater instead of Horn. And, in hindsight, I do think Horn is the safest pick of the three. But LT and QB are higher value positions that we also really had a great need for. I hope that we chose the right horse in that race. It will hurt if we didn't. Sewell going one before us was soul crushing. So close.

I have to believe since we have gone through multiple staffs and not moved Moton over, he just isn't the guy at LT.

I honestly think we won't have a guy that starts more than 8 games at LT. It will be shuffling around to see what works, IMO.

100% okay of any of the guys we are going to attempt prove me wrong. It's a lot easier to discover your coaches/front office are geniuses than find out they are fools.

 

I am of the opinion that in today's NFL, the RT is damm near as important as the LT. Guys on the Dline move around a lot nowadays. So if you have a talented LT, they just slide on over to attack the RT. 

 

Also, most teams are right handed. So having a solid right side is really ideal.

 

Or...they just don't like him on the left side.

 

On 5/13/2021 at 3:11 AM, OldhamA said:

For some reason that's made me think of "Shuffle off to Buffalo, Barry", which is from one of the all-time great shows, Burn Notice. 

 

That's going to be my go to for every Panther than ends up with the Bills from now on. 

 

Beer for the "Burn Notice" reference. Love that show.

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So they are already moving Brady Christenson all over the line at rookie mini camp.  
 

That sure as hell doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies.  
 

We may be watching a Erving, Scott, Daley turnstile rotation at LT.  
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

So they are already moving Brady Christenson all over the line at rookie mini camp.  
 

That sure as hell doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies.  
 

We may be watching a Erving, Scott, Daley turnstile rotation at LT.  
 

 

In mini camp moving a rookie does not mean alot to me.  Especially in rookie mini camp.  Now if they start doing that in training camp, then you have a problem.

  • Pie 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...