• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KJ Wright?

34 minutes ago, Biggdaddi1022 said:

I think he is perfect  LB for what we need as a 3rd linebacker who can cover and our GM knows him well from Seattle. Should come cheap at this point. What y'all think? He is a FA , so we wouldn't have to give up anything for him.

I'd be fine with it at a reasonable cost, otherwise I'd pass. I heard Wright talking in an interview several weeks back. He was basically of the attitude like he knew his worth, was still producing at a high level and wasn't going to take a "hometown discount". I kind of took it like he wasn't interested in playing for cheap. 

Maybe he understands his market now, which I don't believe is so great due to his age, not to mention the covid-reduced budgets.

Mind you, I'm not saying he's worth nothing, just not what he thinks he's worth.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30947115/kj-wright-opposes-taking-hometown-discount-stay-seattle-seahawks-makes-absolutely-no-sense%3fplatform=amp

Edited by top dawg

31 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I believe I heard him state over and over, he was only going to play if he was paid accordingly.... He maybe sitting at home for the whole year... Id like to add him even at his age, but not if hes wanting 8 million to play.. 

Agreed.   

I don't think it's wise to add any more big contracts with all the dead-money on the Carolina cap ( Hurney's parting gift to the franchise ).

The dude has made it clear that he is not going to give the Seahawks a discount, he is asking for big money. Besides, I don't know where he would fit with Perrymen, Thompson, and Reddick taking starting roles, he is not going to come in and be a bench player. I also trust Fitterer who knows him the best, if Fitterer doesn't bring him in there must be a reason. 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

I believe I heard him state over and over, he was only going to play if he was paid accordingly.... He maybe sitting at home for the whole year... Id like to add him even at his age, but not if hes wanting 8 million to play.. 

At this point, for players like him it's better to wait for teams who have injuries to come calling as players can usually get more money at that point.