• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

22 cap space will be 208 million

Dan Graziano
@DanGrazianoESPN
 · 50m
Per source, the NFL and the NFLPA have agreed to a salary cap ceiling of $208.2 million for the 2022 season. If it gets there, that would be a 14 percent increase over the 2021 cap of $182.5 million. (more)

All teams are looking for as much cap space as possible, including those already heavy on the books. 6 teams already have cap commitments north of $200M for 2022, via

: 1. Packers: $237M

2. Cowboys: $228M

3. Rams: $212M

4. Saints: $208M

5. Giants: $202M

6. Bills: $201M

Edited by Captain Morgan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, BigTruth said:

Well the Panthers need to target the top OL players on the market.  They have a  swing tackle in Christianson and will need  a legitimate front to protect Sam Howell or Spencer Rattler.  The franchise has an issue- next year Matt Rhule is going to say "Look at this Tyrod Taylor, I will unlock his potential. I am not drafting a QB, I am taking a corner 3 years in a  row.  Yeah, who is with me corners every  year". This outlook has to change and  the team needs to draft a QB.  For  some reason Rhule loves journeymen QBs but it isn't 1976- you cant win with a journeyman every year.   Next year, after the  solid, yet unspectacular, and underrated Teddy Bridgewater, and then  the Bust Sam Darnold, you cant have Rhule signing Tyrod Taylor or Ryan Fitzpatrick or  Jacoby Brissett.

Bridgewater sucks. Go away and be a Broncos fan. Please you people are pathetic. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Panthers right now would have about 58 million, somewhere around 8th best in the league.

Fitterer is about to build a monster. If Horn and Darnold hit then this the Panthers are  going to be a problem...

• Pie 5

37 minutes ago, BigTruth said:

Well the Panthers need to target the top OL players on the market.  They have a  swing tackle in Christianson and will need  a legitimate front to protect Sam Howell or Spencer Rattler.

Pardon my french but please shut the fug up.

Thanks.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 6

18 minutes ago, BigTruth said:

The Panthers must  fortify the OL to protect whoever they  draft  next year.  Come week 3 you will be saying- get Teddy back!!

Come week 3, you'll long since have been banned and posting at the Denver Broncos board.

• Pie 3

This changes nothing.  Players are gonna end up asking for more, and still take up the same amount of percentage of the cap.  Just expect a bunch of players “resetting” the market. 

Edited by DeSim
  • Pie 1

31 minutes ago, DeSim said:

This changes nothing.  Players are gonna end up asking for more, and still take up the same amount of percentage of the cap.  Just expect a bunch of players “resetting” the market. 

There were a lot of guys that avoided long term contracts this past offseson because the expectation is that the salary cap will skyrocket with the new TV deal.

2 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Panthers right now would have about 58 million, somewhere around 8th best in the league.

Thats not correct. That figure does not include Reddick, Boston, or Paradis dead cap. There maybe a couple more that I over looked, but each of them takes away about 5(paradis I think is 10) million each in dead cap form the 58 number. The number is closer to 40 .

• Pie 2