• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting notes from The Athletic Bob McGinn's article

This is from his famous pre-draft player rating article: https://theathletic.com/2551187/2021/04/29/nfl-draft-scouts-poll-best-overall-player-favorite-guy-to-scout/

- Brady Christensen is listen as a OG“He had the big workout, but you don’t see (his) athletic ability on the field,” another scout said. “He is strictly an in-line guy who can’t adjust. No bend. Slow and wide with his hands, so guys get into his chest. Gives you good enough effort.”

“Short-armed, played like it,” a third scout said. “I moved him to guard. In a zone-dominant offense, he could develop into a potentially solid starter. He looks light. Quick feet.”

Daviyon Nixon, Iowa (6-foot-3, 313, 4.89, Round 3 through 6😞 Executives from three teams said he had been removed from their draft boards because of off-field issues. Four other teams indicated they had modest to major concerns

56 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

What exactly are Daviyon's off the field issues? The learning disability? 

Replying to and
I’ve heard of a potential Title IX case...

sQYDRq50_x96.jpg

It's not great but he's been cleared. Let's just say if he's cleared he is top 50 if he is not cleared could be considered undraftable by many teams.
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:
Replying to and
I’ve heard of a potential Title IX case...

sQYDRq50_x96.jpg

It's not great but he's been cleared. Let's just say if he's cleared he is top 50 if he is not cleared could be considered undraftable by many teams.

What does that even mean?

• Beer 1

55 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

What does that even mean?

Complaints of sexual harassment or sexual violence.

That's what it means, but that being said, this is the first time I've heard even a sniff of that.

I researched these supposed off-field issues, and I have yet to find anything that serious. It's gotta be something though I suppose, but wtf it is, it's crazy hard to find and confirm.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Complaints of sexual harassment or sexual violence.

That's what it means, but that being said, this is the first time I've heard even a sniff of that.

I researched these supposed off-field issues, and I have yet to find anything that serious. It's gotta be something though I suppose, but wtf it is, it's crazy hard to find and confirm.

Whatever it is, they definitely have kept it hushed.

15 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Luke Kuechly 

You must not remember that draft class. There was a lot of criticism about Luke basically just piling up stats by making tackles downfield because the BC defense was terrible and jumping on the pile to get credit for assisted tackles. There were quite a few people who thought his stats were inflated and he wasn't as good as the stat sheet implied. They were wrong, but the criticisms weren't completely unfounded at the time.

• Pie 4

Just now, Trainwreck said:

No I remember it very good. Panthers fans didn’t like the pick “only” because we had Jon Beason already. 

No, you clearly don't. He was an elite prospect but he wasn't perfect and the criticisms came from pundits who weren't Panthers fans before the Panthers drafted him.

Or... you're just trolling. Since that's pretty much all you do, that's probably the most likely answer.

• Flames 1