• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Cap Space (This Season) After Moton Deal

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

We think we know what they are looking for, but very well may not.

Maybe they think this division is about to turn.  Maybe they look at our weapons and hopefully a better O Line and want to play here, maybe Rodgers really wants to play for Brady and Rhule.

I'm just saying that it's a possibility that one of them could be here, especially after we tried like hell for Stafford.  This ain't your daddy's Carolina Panthers.

There has to be some mutual interest for either of them, IMO. I doubt Rodgers is going to play anywhere other than Green Bay or a Cali based team. If he was traded somewhere else, he'd likely just retire. 

Wilson has mild ties to the area but his wife is unlikely to want to stray too far from the West Coast given her industry. Also, I don't think Wilson is very serious about wanting to leave Seattle. I suspect that is very much more a case of him voicing some general frustrations rather than him trying to force a trade.

While we have turned over a new leaf as a franchise, I don't think you will see us be much of a prime location for many big free agents or NFL stars until we show some stability and success. It's a process to get there and we are very much in the infancy of it.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2
59 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There has to be some mutual interest for either of them, IMO. I doubt Rodgers is going to play anywhere other than Green Bay or a Cali based team. If he was traded somewhere else, he'd likely just retire. 

Wilson has mild ties to the area but his wife is unlikely to want to stray too far from the West Coast given her industry. Also, I don't think Wilson is very serious about wanting to leave Seattle. I suspect that is very much more a case of him voicing some general frustrations rather than him trying to force a trade.

While we have turned over a new leaf as a franchise, I don't think you will see us be much of a prime location for many big free agents or NFL stars until we show some stability and success. It's a process to get there and we are very much in the infancy of it.

I think you COULD be right, however, I'm still of the mindset to plan for the future, and have some dry powder rather than blow it all trying to chase something that's not attainable yet.

Save the cash, and prepare for next season and beyond is all I'm saying.

• Beer 1
11 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I think you COULD be right, however, I'm still of the mindset to plan for the future, and have some dry powder rather than blow it all trying to chase something that's not attainable yet.

Save the cash, and prepare for next season and beyond is all I'm saying.

Yeah, there is no reason to go nuts until we have more of our core secured.

• Beer 1

Roll it over barring some hot start and Darnold looking legit.  Then, get crazy at the trade deadline if you want. 

Spending just because you have space, on a team that's still possibly a QB (and more) away, is how you suck for a prolonged period of time. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
8 hours ago, CarolinaLivin said:

The Carolina Panthers cut it pretty close, but they were able to work out a new long-term contract with their star right tackle Taylor Moton just before the franchise tag deadline.

If a deal had not been struck, Moton would have played under the tag and counted $13,754,000 against the cap, the highest amount on the roster. Instead, Moton signed a four-year, $72 million deal, deservedly making him one of the highest-paid tackles in the NFL. The move also saved the Panthers a good chunk of salary cap space for the 2021 season.

According to updated figures at Over the Cap, Carolina now has a little over$24 million in cap space – $10 million more than before the Moton deal.

While there’s not a whole lot of options left on the market, that’s more than enough to go out and address a couple of the team’s biggest roster hole before the games begin. Signing a proven left tackle and a free safety should be at the top of the list.

Link: https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/18/how-much-cap-space-do-the-panthers-have-after-taylor-motons-megadeal/

With saving approx. $10 million and putting us at about $24 million in current cap for this season, who do you think the Panthers will try to bring in if anyone? I've seen articles suggesting a LB (Vander from cowboys, would be a trade situation I believe), CB (already brought in veteran FA clinton dix), and S (suggestions from articles included FA hooker & vaccaro). 

Lockup Donte Jackson with a long term deal