• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers are STILL interested in Deshaun Watson

Zod

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Right?  As if anybody would admit to the media "Yeah, I ship in whore from all over the world who say they are "massage therapists".  Whats the big deal?" 

Why do people still believe what they people say to the media? I don't get it. 

Lot of bad stuff goes on.  I mean, the Patriots and Browns orgs are also recent examples.   They knew what nightmares they had on their hands.  Texans knew about Watson.  NFL PR is NFL PR.  Teams go out of their way to hide stuff and protect guys until forced to address it because of leaks or incidents. 

You most definitely can't believe anything teams or athletes say IMO.  Well, when poo hits the fans and they are forced into some honesty. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Does it make you feel better about yourself to just blindly suck up what these people say in the media and apply zero critical thinking to the subject?  

Do you really call assuming that everybody who disagrees with your narrative is lying "critical thinking"?

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Lot of bad stuff goes on.  I mean, the Patriots and Browns orgs are also recent examples.   They knew what nightmares they had on their hands.  Texans knew about Watson.  NFL PR is NFL PR.  Teams go out of their way to hide stuff and protect guys until forced to address it because of leaks or incidents. 

You most definitely can't believe anything teams or athletes say IMO.  Well, until poo hits the fans and they are forced into some honesty. 

My point exactly. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Do you really call assuming that everybody who disagrees with your narrative is lying "critical thinking"?

Not everybody.  Just you. You CONSTANTLY throw out these media/interview clips around here as if they are the gospel truth.  When we all should know that nothing any of these people say in public, especially to a reporter, should be taken seriously.  Its all lip service. 

Edited by joemac

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Caserio comes from the Patriot school of things though. He may not give in easily.

Ditto with McNair and his ego if he wants to be seen as "winning".

Watson dragged that org through the mud for months before dunking it in a tank of poo with his legal issues.

Why would they still want him?

The only ‘winning’ options left is to move on ASAP and put this crap behind them. 

I would expect we would keep an eye on the situation. Supposedly we sniffed around before all this came out so I would think we are still at least passively monitoring it at some level.

I am not sure how active we would be in our pursuit until he sorts out his issues and it becomes clear how bad they will end up. 

There is obviously the chance he just doesn't get to play in the NFL again.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Not everybody.  Just you. You CONSTANTLY throw out these media/interview clips around here as if they are the gospel truth.  When we all should know that nothing any of these people say in public, especially to a reporter, should be taken seriously.  Its all lip service. 

Oh sure. Everybody's lying, but they can't fool you, now can they? 🙄

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Watson dragged that org through the mud for months before dunking it in a tank of poo with his legal issues.

Why would they still want him?

The only ‘winning’ options left is to move on ASAP and put this crap behind them. 

I don't think they still want him, but they don't want to be seen as losing the fight either.

If they accept less than a premium deal, they come out looking like the losers.

I'll grant that it might be the wise thing to do, but people with big egos don't always do the wise thing.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

So if Bob Kraft were to hit his wife does that mean domestic violence becomes okay too?

This is an incredibly stupid argument.

In the context of NFL discipline, Kraft and the players should be treated exactly the same. If Kraft hit his wife and wasn't in prison and allowed to keep his team with no punishment then if a player hit his wife and wasn't in prison he should be allowed to play with no punishment. It's pretty simple actually.

38 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The question then becomes whether the Texans will accept that kind of offer.

As one reporter put it, their logic is that if you get Watson, you have the opportunity to keep him for the next ten years or so. Given that, why should they accept lesser compensation?

Truthfully, seeing what the Eagles are about to lose on the Wentz trade probably doesn't encourage them in that direction either.

That's the entire reasoning behind a contingent trade. If Watson does go south and the Panthers get nothing out of him, the Texans would still get a couple of picks out of it.  The upside for the Texans is getting rid of a headache and coming away with...something.

If Watson is able to settle out of court (and avoid serious suspensions), then the picks upgrade to first rounders and the Texans are reasonably compensated for not having to continue hosting the circus.

I'd be pretty shocked at this point. Look Tepper put his money where his mouth was. He promised to let the football guys do football stuff and he did. We passed on Fields, traded for Darnold and took Horn. 

I'm sure Tepper would be ecstatic if he could sell out every single Deshaun Watson Panther's jersey there ever was but given the legal ramifications, the potential for him to be out of the league for an extended time not to mention the massive amnt of draft capital the Texans are going to want makes me believe we aren't interested.