• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Biggest Draft Busts(Top 3 Rounds)

kungfoodude

6 minutes ago, KSpan said:

In a general grouping: Rashard Anderson, Bruce Nelson, Eric Shelton, Dwayne Jarrett, Jason Peter (could've had hometown Vinnie Holliday...), Ellison, all of 2009, Mitch Marrow.

I actually completely forgot about Anderson until I started browsing this list. Man, he was a whiff. I remember being excited about him too.

• Pie 1

1. Rae Carruth - No explanation needed
2. Jimmy Clausen - One of the most overhyped prospects I've ever seen
3. Rashard Anderson - Literally spent 1 season in the league and then washed out of the CFL 4yrs later
4. Greg Little - I am so thankful that nobody fleeced Hurney when he tried to trade up for him. Also, look at who else was on the board!
5. Rashaan Gaulden - No athleticism, just double birds to the Bama fans

Dishonourable Mention: Everette Brown, Sione Fua

Edited by Icege

I wouldn't say Otah was a bust, he was steamrolling fools.

Otah suffered from what many of our draft picks suffer from; being high potential and impact players initially but sizzling out quickly (even more so after being paid)

Otah, KB, Turner, and Short are all names that come to mind recently who were standouts that just seemed to suddenly croak.

It also seems like anyone who doesn't stay with the team doesn't necessarily die, but doesn't find quite the level of success they seemed to have had. Norman, Bradbury, Star, and Butler are examples of this.