• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Good Ole Waiver Wire - Your Friend and Mine

Zod

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The team is not even close to good enough.

The only circumstance in which we are trading a 1st for a left tackle should be one that is our starter for the foreseeable future. And, in that scenario, one first may not be enough to get it done.

Who is the LT we could get for a first?

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Your timeline seems to be a bit jacked up.  We signed Teddy last year, during the same offseason that Herbert was drafted.  Signing Teddy had zero impact on our 2020 draft position...that would have been the Kyle Allen season.

Marty wanted him. Others disagreed. That was Rhule not Rivera. 

?

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Who is the LT we could get for a first?

Didn't even go far enough to speculate on that. Just throwing out a theoretical scenario in which it would be acceptable to make that kind of trade. Unless you are getting a quality LT starter, zero reason to be trading away a first for a middling LT.

Especially for a team that needs those draft picks as desperately as ours.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Marty wanted him. Others disagreed. That was Rhule not Rivera. 

?

You've completely lost me now.....were you not saying we could have had a chance at drafting Herbert  (by improving our draft position) had we played Will Grier instead of Teddy Bridgewater?  Even though Bridgewater was signed less than a month before Herbert was drafted?  Why are we talking about Rhule vs. Rivera?

5 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

Honestly, I could see us move on from Little with what we got. I see Erving and Scott ahead of him at LT, and probably Daley as well. Moton and Christensen at RT. Do we need 6 tackles on the active roster?? I think not.

To be fair. The only honest to goodness Tackles only, are Moton, and maybe Scott. Everyone else is a Tackle/Guard.

So in actuality, we only have 1-2 Tackles.

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

To be fair. The only honest to goodness Tackles only, are Moton, and maybe Scott. Everyone else is a Tackle/Guard.

So in actuality, we only have 1-2 Tackles.

Don't forget BC.  3rd round tackle, 2nd round guard.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

I don't see the CB need.Bouye being suspended 2 weeks is something they already knew. As a veteran who's considered extremely knowledgeable and versatile it's not the end of the world and he has the extra time to heal up.

I could see a tackle that let's us move on from Little. Any usable tackle would do.

I would let Greg Little disappear into thin air and let the air he disappears into be our backup LT. 

It would do a better job.