• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey the OL sucked donkey balls today

Zod

42 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Be careful. You will draw the ire of the Sunshine Squad.

Jabs aside, I would be wary of trading at LT unless we can get a genuine long term answer. If not, stand pat and regroup in 2022.

..and then, don’t pass on every damned lineman in the league….the first two rds 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rivera was dead set against it. No idea why, but then that's true of a lot of things Rivera did.

My concern for this year: The whole "versatility" thing is cool and all, but as I've said before what I really want to see is a set lineup that can work together and gel into a cohesive unit.

Yep. We're at a talent deficit on the OL. No way around it. Identify your best five guys and let them start developing into the best unit they can be. It probably won't be good but it'll be the best it can be.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rivera was dead set against it. No idea why, but then that's true of a lot of things Rivera did.

My concern for this year: The whole "versatility" thing is cool and all, but as I've said before what I really want to see is a set lineup that can work together and gel into a cohesive unit.

Yeah, that one irked me too. I think that is a very valuable asset to have in defined backup OL but we seem to think we can elevate "versatile" OL into regular starters. Gotta be good at something first....

• Pie 1

I wouldn't mind seeing Moton on the left either but I'm not sure that solves our problem automatically.

I get it that RT can be easier to play than LT but are we sure we have a great RT to take his place? or even an average one?  The overall line might not improve as much as some think

For example lets use a 1-10 scale to illustrate this

RT-Moton-9 and current LT is a 3

lets say Moton isn't as good on the left and a different RT is only a 5

RT-whoever-5 and LT-Moton is an 8

I know a lot of people were hoping BC would be starting somewhere, even at guard, but maybe its a good thing they seem to be keeping him at RT.  Maybe they hope he can become that above average RT.

Also there are more problems on the line than just LT.

Edited by AU-panther
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Moton on the left either but I'm not sure that solves our problem automatically.

I get it that RT can be easier to play than LT but are we sure we have a great RT to take his place? or even an average one?  The overall line might not improve as much as some think

For example lets use a 1-10 scale to illustrate this

RT-Moton-9 and current LT is a 3

lets say Moton isn't as good on the left and a different RT is only a 5

RT-whoever-5 and LT-Moton is an 8

I know a lot of people were hoping BC would be starting somewhere, even at guard, but maybe its a good thing they seem to be keeping him at RT.  Maybe they hope he can become that above average RT.

Also there are more problems on the line than just LT.

I agree with this. Even if Moton is our best LT, if the drop from LT to RT is greater than the replacement RT, zero reason to do that. Put the best overall unit out there and roll with it. It is too late to fix now. Just make the best of what you have.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I agree with this. Even if Moton is our best LT, if the drop from LT to RT is greater than the replacement RT, zero reason to do that. Put the best overall unit out there and roll with it. It is too late to fix now. Just make the best of what you have.

Also people forget about the run game.  Moton is really good at that aspect and that also might factor into keeping him on the right.  A lot of run plays are designed to go strong side which is usually the right.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2