• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just Fields looking like hot garbage

GOAT

1 hour ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...been watching OSU since the 70's...every QB is a product of the system...because they have soooo much talent everywhere else....Fields will stink....and the Squealers think they stole one in Haskins..lol...not.

Ryan Day’s system is pretty different and relatively new. Clemson’s talent is way above the rest of the ACC’s and comes in higher than OSU more times than not. By your logic Watson should have busted and Lawrence will bust. These players are some of the top recruits coming out of high school, of course they are going to pick loaded teams. They are putting up dominant numbers with dominant talent like they are suppose to do. 

1 hour ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...been watching OSU since the 70's...every QB is a product of the system...because they have soooo much talent everywhere else....Fields will stink....and the Squealers think they stole one in Haskins..lol...not.

All that football watching and you still haven't learned?

11 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I really don't want to regret passing him up bc I liked Jaycee, too...  but, QBs who can throw 70 yards and run 4.4 40s don't grow on trees and are rarely available to middling teams even if they did.  I also hate making it Darnold vs Fields, but Darnold has a hard road ahead of him.

Except his "hard road" is to play and help the Panthers win Football games, not to prove he's better than Justin Fields 

70 yard bombs?

^^^ Sam can throw the ball deep, too, you know.  

Anyway, I doubt Justin Fields is even a smidgeon of a thought in his mind right now.   It's all the fans here that are in a tizzy.

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah and it’s not even like Rhule was playing the odds or playing it safe. Statistically speaking there is a higher chance of a first round QB succeeding than a reclamation project being successful…

9 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Link?

Not sure you're going to get one, OldhamA.

Might as well translate that to :  "Based on my own personal OPINION that has zero facts to back it up, there is a higher chance of a first round QB succeeding than a reclamation project being successful…"

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1

11 hours ago, Ace420 said:

He did more than just post good stats though. He showed that he jas a short memory after mistakes and can dust himself off and get back up and make plays. Showing this in his very first game is huge as far as his character is concerned. This is one of the most valuable traits in a franchise qb.

He has a good arm, a good mind and has a stable ego. He also has scrambling ability. His stock is sky high right now from what I can see.

Haven't week had a bunch of training camp studs that showed off in preseason yet did nothing in actual games?

I thought he looked good in the 2nd half against camp fodder that probably won't make the roster.  Nothing more than good college football players wearing NFL uniforms.

But he did look good.  Definitely something to be positive about.   I don't think i am ready to vote him as ROY just yet. 

16 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Guys.  Please calm down and be patient about how well he is playing.

I don't know why anyone cares.

He's not a Panther if he plays well he  will be one of a long line of QBs we missed on including Brady and Rogers. 

• Poo 1