• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fields! ………Lance! ……..Darnold?

ncfan

While this whole fan base is Freaking out watching Fields and Lance tear it up in their Pre Season debut.  No lie, have looked good!

but let’s all take a deep breathe and take a step back.

let’s turn the clock back a few years.  The Panthers current QB 1 (who is still younger than 2020 top pick Joe Burrow)

but the same things were being said about Sam as Fields and Lance tonight.  People freaking out how good he was in his debut.  Talking about his tools, upside, poise, etc etc etc.

let’s see what Sam can do with this staff first (as long as the OL doesn’t get him killed) 

0B309487-9132-4D3B-94F0-53D391CA7EC4.jpeg

6770394C-F5B7-453E-8F3D-8C30F78E7CB8.jpeg

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Y'all did this routine last year with Teddy. How about you wait until he starts before you start telling fans how they should feel about a guy on his 4th year. 

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

I did?  I was hesitant about Teddy.  Teddy was always more of a wait and see for more.  I was all along pointing out his success with the Saints wasn’t him

Edited by ncfan

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Jaycee better ball or Fields/Slater gonna get somebody fired 

He needs to be a perennial All Pro and bubble Hall of Fame guy for him to be worth it if Fields turns out to be a legit franchise quarterback and Darnold doesn't.  Like he needs to be the CB version of Luke Kuechly.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

He needs to be a perennial All Pro and bubble Hall of Fame guy for him to be worth it if Fields turns out to be a legit franchise quarterback and Darnold doesn't.  Like he needs to be the CB version of Luke Kuechly.

Even if he's good, if Fields is legit Tepper is out of a alot of $ and media coverage and will be pissed

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The only ones that matter are the ones who were available at #8. Lawrence, Wilson, and Lance were long gone and out of reach unless we were willing to completely sell the farm.

Or if we hadn't beat Ron's limpdick team in a game where winning only hurt us.

Again, I liked Jaycee, but QBs with size, huge arms, who can run 4.4 40s and are intelligent don't come around every year...  we haven't seen Darnold yet, but judging from his first three years, despite the obvious dysfunction in NY, and his early mixed reviews in camp so far tell me he likely is what he is and what we thought he was.  I hope for the best, but I think it is likely we screwed the pooch, by again messing up at the most important position in football for the second consecutive year.  But, we'll see...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

28 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Or if we hadn't beat Ron's limpdick team in a game where winning only hurt us.

Again, I liked Jaycee, but QBs with size, huge arms, who can run 4.4 40s and are intelligent don't come around every year...  we haven't seen Darnold yet, but judging from his first three years, despite the obvious dysfunction in NY, and his early mixed reviews in camp so far tell me he likely is what he is and what we thought he was.  I hope for the best, but I think it is likely we screwed the pooch, by again messing up at the most important position in football for the second consecutive year.  But, we'll see...

I feel like people put too much value on a qb running a 4.40

• Pie 3

We're in a frustration position as fans because we don't know what we have in Darnold, and now we won't see him today either. What's more is that the rookie QBs are looking very good, but remember preseason games are easier for the QB. The opposing defense is not going to show their best stuff.

This all boils down to Rhule and our scouts knowing what they're doing in giving Darnold the keys to the car. I have no idea what our QB is going to do when the season starts. We knew what Teddy would do more or less. Darnold is a complete mystery.

Jaycee looked like a great zone CB against the Colts. He has blanket coverage to a point, but they go deep and pull away from him, so you give him a safety over the top and he should have a great time out there. Hell I think Snow likes rushing 3 and dropping the rest into coverage anyway. I wouldn't be shocked to see cover-3 from our Panthers again a lot this season.

Edited by pantherj