• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fields! ………Lance! ……..Darnold?

ncfan

6 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Jaycee better ball or Fields/Slater gonna get somebody fired 

Horn may become one of the best corners in the NFL but 2021 isn't going to be a good year for him.  I have no doubt he will have some impactful plays but he is also going to make his rookie mistakes.  Some veterans are going to abuse him.

He'll learn and be an All-Pro for us one day.

IMO our best pick this draft (based on 2 weeks of camp) is Marshall and it isn't even close. 

• Beer 3

Cam's first 4 preseason games of 2011 he completed under 50% of his passes and threw for 1 TD.   Then he goes out in his first 2 regular season game and throws for 400 yards in each and 3 TD's.  Just wait is all I am saying

Edited by bababoey
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, pantherj said:

We're in a frustration position as fans because we don't know what we have in Darnold, and now we won't see him today either. What's more is that the rookie QBs are looking very good, but remember preseason games are easier for the QB. The opposing defense is not going to show their best stuff.

This all boils down to Rhule and our scouts knowing what they're doing in giving Darnold the keys to the car. I have no idea what our QB is going to do when the season starts. We knew what Teddy would do more or less. Darnold is a complete mystery.

Jaycee looked like a great zone CB against the Colts. He has blanket coverage to a point, but they go deep and pull away from him, so you give him a safety over the top and he should have a great time out there. Hell I think Snow likes rushing 3 and dropping the rest into coverage anyway. I wouldn't be shocked to see cover-3 from our Panthers again a lot this season.

Teddy was more of a mystery than Darnold, Darnold is hot garbage...more or less.

Stop, just stop...Darnold is a person..a person who is over the age of 18... therefore making him an adult....where I come from adults don't get to keep making excuses, they take care of their responsibilities, and if they don't they get fired/bench/traded....

This Darnold experience isn't only making this staff look dumb but the fans who continue to be loyal to a team we clearly see treading a thin line between Brownsville or MotorCity status...

You know what the last regimen did...got us there...

Coach Fox...got us to the Superbowl, Coach Rivera got us to the Superbowl,...So I didn't agree with their philosophy all the time but hey they SHOWED RESULTS, DIDN'T TALK CHEAP, IT WAS WHAT IT WAS..so far Coach Rhule hasn't made it passed the supermarket....trying to sell me on produce....

I'm sorry but WE KNOW...what we have in Darnold

• Poo 2

The deepest desire people seem to have on an internet forum is to be able to say "I told you so".

Quick tip though:

If you do this based on practice reps, a preseason game or even just a couple of series within a preseason game, there's a pretty good chance you're setting yourself up to look like an absolute moron.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 5

1 hour ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Teddy was more of a mystery than Darnold, Darnold is hot garbage...more or less.

Stop, just stop...Darnold is a person..a person who is over the age of 18... therefore making him an adult....where I come from adults don't get to keep making excuses, they take care of their responsibilities, and if they don't they get fired/bench/traded....

This Darnold experience isn't only making this staff look dumb but the fans who continue to be loyal to a team we clearly see treading a thin line between Brownsville or MotorCity status...

Coach Fox...got us to the Superbowl, Coach Rivera got us to the Superbowl,...So I didn't agree with their philosophy all the time but hey they SHOWED RESULTS, DIDN'T TALK CHEAP, IT WAS WHAT IT WAS..so far Coach Rhule hasn't made it passed the supermarket....trying to sell me on produce....

Darnold is not “hot garbage”. Stop with this poo! He had 1 bad season, last year when his entire team was tanking. The previous 2 seasons were not that bad at all and he showed good progress from year 1 to 2. Let’s give him some time and see how he performs with a much better cast and coaches. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

1 hour ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I despised both moves, but IMO Darnold has the talent to be the guy IF he can put it together between the ears. I doubt he can, but I can at least have a sliver of hope for this move. Teddy simply didn't have the prerequisite talent level. I couldn't envision any scenario where he could be the guy.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I despised both moves, but IMO Darnold has the talent to be the guy IF he can put it together between the ears. I doubt he can, but I can at least have a sliver of hope for this move. Teddy simply didn't have the prerequisite talent level. I couldn't envision any scenario where he could be the guy.

I hated the Teddy move much moreso than the Sam move.

We were pushing hard for Stafford and Watson, but weren't willing to give up the farm for one, and the other screwed himself too many times.

Sam cost us a 2nd (not downplaying a 2, just compared to two 1's for MS) and some cap which "should" jump with the new TV deals coming.

If we simply didn't think that Jones and Fields were better prospects than Sam, then I support the decision...and it seems that many talent evaluator talking heads did say that were they all tossed in the same draft class that Sam would rank out as the 3rd best.  Now I have no idea what that all means, and likely nothing, but if Rhule and Fitt thought the same way, I totally get it.

P.S. I still think that Russ and Rodgers are dancing around in their minds a bit.

P.S.S. We need to address the OL to give Sam the best chance to thrive.  We have to see what we have.

• Pie 2

54 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The deepest desire people seem to have on an internet forum is to be able to say "I told you so".

Quick tip though:

If you do this based on practice reps, a preseason game or even just a couple of series within a preseason game, there's a pretty good chance you're setting yourself up to look like an absolute moron.

THIS^^^

Teams don't game plan in preseason for the most part.  Maybe a little in game 3 of the preseason. We have a good offensive coordinator and Darnold has been doing well as he learns the system. 

Once we have a gameplan in place I believe Darnold will execute the gameplan and be the QB that we hope he will be.  He has the tools and the weapons.  As I mentioned in an earlier thread Darnold has been dropping dimes all over the place.  I see no reason why he won't drop them in the regular season.

I think regardless of who we put on the O-line it will be better than what he had in NY.  He may have some mistakes but he'll manage us to a winning record. 

We may regret not drafting Fields but I'm a believer that Darnold will reduce that chatter to a murmur.  It will never go away because the Huddle GMs are too many and they know best even if he plays well. 

• Beer 1

Wait a damn minute---the OP was not telling you what to think-scholars--he was saying "don't jump to conclusions" because Darnold had a good opening game in preseason as well. 

And you accuse him of jumping to conclusions (Bridgewater comment).  Do you hear yourself talking, or is there simply elevator music playing in your head?

• Pie 3

Think skill set and networks of support and not people and past history.  If you surround the QB with talent, his talent is more likely to be realized. 

I worry about the OL, but that is a great example.  The OL is a unit.  They must communicate, help out, etc.  We will have 2 new OL starting this year on the left side--it will take time.  I suggest that Rhule starts Elf and Erving and benches the rest for this game.

Sammy needs to live with his oline……hang out, praise, buy them gifts, constant communication.  Form a deep bound.  He needs to make them run through a wall for him.  Make it easier for them by buying time in the pocket with his mobility.

Make it that, for what they lack in talent, they will make up for in a single passion to protect their guys.