• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Christensen play all snaps yesterday?

Zod

2 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

It also sheds some light onto the coaches moving Moton to LT while Erving was out instead of starting Scott there.

If it was me, I'd just put BC at LT and had left Moton at RT.    I think their wingspan requirement for LT is an old coaches tale that isn't supported by data, and if it is, its self fulfilling.

If it works out, I'm find with the switch, but it wouldn't had been my play.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Hoenheim said:

My mind is just boggled as to why they don't even try Christensen at LT when that's what he played in college. Like not even trying to play him at the position he's the most familiar with ? 

Rhule said arm length. 

Moton does have the higher ceiling and LT is the blind side so if it works out, it is the better scenerio.  

BC gave up no sacks yesterday, his first performance in the NFL in 2 new positions.  Yes it was against 2s an 3s, but had he not looked good, it would be a red flag.  No complaints here for yesterdays performance.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

My mind is just boggled as to why they don't even try Christensen at LT when that's what he played in college. Like not even trying to play him at the position he's the most familiar with ? 

Lots of college LTs change positions in the NFL. They've determined he simply doesn't have LT traits. I'm with you though that I don't see the issue of at least giving him a look there since we're playing musical chairs everywhere else.

2 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Imagine if Moton goes down for any period of time 😳

I think pretty much any team that loses one of its starting tackles is looking for a short season at this point. Good tackles are rare, great tackles are just about unheard of. I don't think any head coach feels good about tackle depth on their team.

Giants who can dance, throw around 300 lb. men and take a beating for 60 minutes with no rest just don't grow on trees. Just ask Vince McMahon and the WWE.

Edited by Khyber53
  • Pie 1

43 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I think pretty much any team that loses one of its starting tackles is looking for a short season at this point. Good tackles are rare, great tackles are just about unheard of. I don't think any head coach feels good about tackle depth on their team.

Giants who can dance, throw around 300 lb. men and take a beating for 60 minutes with no rest just don't grow on trees. Just ask Vince McMahon and the WWE.

I agree with you but we are in a state where our current starter has a track record of being terrible, and injury prone. Our backup is on the level of most teams practice squad.

• Pie 1

It is odd that we are taking two tackles that have performed well in the past on certain sides (and not the other) and have flipped them this year to play the other side. 

Not saying it couldn't work or that you don't put your best T on the left....just curious why we don't want the round peg in the round hole.