• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Ravens at Panthers GameDay thread

Zod

Were really trying to draw conclusions from a preseason game where our QB1 threw one pass and our running back that accounts for like 70% of our offense is on the sideline with a backwards hat the whole time lol

the only logical conclusions you can make is that Slye is not the man for the job and Brady’s red zone playcalling is concerning

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

15 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The fact they're Hiden Sam says a lot.

I read that he was supposed to get significant playing time today.

Leadership through deception never works.

"Fooling" your opponent in the NFL doesn't work for long.

They're trying to fake it and faking it ain't making it.

This franchise was never much to write home about but we did have some modest success and a couple of outstanding years pre-Tepper. I would like to politely ask what the fug Tepper and Rhule are doing. We are in danger of becoming the Lions unless these clowns get it together soon. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

18 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

The fact they're Hiden Sam says a lot.

I read that he was supposed to get significant playing time today.

Leadership through deception never works.

"Fooling" your opponent in the NFL doesn't work for long.

They're trying to fake it and faking it ain't making it.

No starter got significant playing time today.

But maybe they pulled all their starters after the first series JUST to hide how bad Darnold is so the team can still sell season tickets. 

foil hat tinfoil kevin GIF by The Tick

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Why is every other healthy  starting qb playing more than darnold? This makes zero sense 

Next week per his presser:

asked about a plan for next week:  

Rhule said he didn’t want to say then said probably about a half.  Maybe more, maybe less. 

reporter followed up on if it was important for Sam to get a half in:

Rhule then said he didn’t say a half.  Went on about not wanting to put him out there a lot without other guys 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

Next week per his presser:

asked about a plan for next week:  

Rhule said he didn’t want to say then said probably about a half.  Maybe more, maybe less. 

reporter followed up on if it was important for Sam to get a half in:

Rhule then said he didn’t say a half.  Went on about not wanting to put him out there a lot without other guys 

Riiiight… why are the best and proven qbs in returning Os getting valuable snaps but a giant ? Like sam on a new team is held out? Again, makes no sense. This is not a good sign.  Not sure if it’s Bc he doesn’t know the playbook well enough yet or what but this dude needs as many snaps as he can get. This babying strategy isn’t replicated by anyone else and is especially detrimental to a qb on a new team

• Pie 1

15 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

If you aren't playing CMC for durability reasons, there isn't much reason to play Darnold. 

The staff seems to be pretty dead set on "ideal conditions" for Darnold to get preseason burn. Not having your MVP caliber RB playing is not very ideal. 

Durability aside you know what CMC brings..  even if he played every down last season there is no reason to play him.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

I just don't like the play call. Can't go around the edge on that.

5 hours ago, hepcat said:

New season, same problems. Dumb play calling on the goal line 

5 hours ago, Shocker said:

Really nice drive…very promising 

5 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Joe Brady doesn’t need a preseason. He’s already in mid-season form. 

Not that Brady hasnt called some horribly mistimed plays but you guys realize the first 15-20 plays are completly scripted right?

15 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

i hope darnold gets some time. i’d hate to see him go into game 1 without any reps against another team.

if you’re worried about him getting hurt in a pre-season game, how do you expect him to make it through 17 games?

He should've played about a half of today.  I don't think much of the idea of the opener being his first real action of the year.

• Pie 1