• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

70 + 77 = legit

Zod

14 hours ago, Zod said:

Been watching Christensen and Brown all night. They are by far the most competent linemen on the field not named Moton. 

At some point they will have to start Moton on the left because the drop off on the right will be less significant than the improvement on the left.

Yeah, the math just works out that way. 

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

Can you imagine how pissed Moton could be if after signing his big extension they tell him he’s playing LT? If it works this could be the best move our FO has ever made.

He should be mad at his agent if he did not put some escalation clauses into the deal if that happens.  TE/WR agents used to argue that--if the TE was out wide more than tight...Not sure how that all works, however.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

Can you imagine how pissed Moton could be if after signing his big extension they tell him he’s playing LT? If it works this could be the best move our FO has ever made.

There was a comment around earlier that he has a clause in his contract - he gets a bonus for every snap he takes at LT.

• Beer 1

Penei Sewell struggling at RT right now for the Lion's so look on the bright side. Rookies take time at T in the NFL and looking better then a top 10 can't miss pick counts for something I would think.

I liked Brown the 1st gm and think he held up ok this game just give him a yr and I think he competes for the RG spot.

4 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

Penei Sewell struggling at RT right now for the Lion's so look on the bright side. Rookies take time at T in the NFL and looking better then a top 10 can't miss pick counts for something I would think.

I liked Brown the 1st gm and think he held up ok this game just give him a yr and I think he competes for the RG spot.

I'm not surprised by that - I never understood the hype around Sewell. He doesn't have elite length and is raw as hell.

6 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

Sounds like a good time to trade that 7th we got for Little for him. 

On 8/21/2021 at 8:46 PM, Zod said:

Been watching Christensen and Brown all night. They are by far the most competent linemen on the field not named Moton. 

At some point they will have to start Moton on the left because the drop off on the right will be less significant than the improvement on the left.

Been telling people this, I felt it was dumb when Rivera and Hurney locked Moton into RT when Daryl Williams got hurt when they tried to force him to play LT coming off his injury. 

It should have been back then - Moton / Reed & someone else went to NYJ / Paradis / Turner / Williams

Now it should be - Moton / Elflein / Paradis / Brown / Christensen -- Erving, Scott, Daley, and Miller as the key reserves. 

I think that unit gives us the best ''all around'' offensive line. 

1 hour ago, NCBlu said:

Sewell hasn't played football in a year (opted out for COVID) and the Lions are asking him to change from LT to RT. It's not surprising at all that's he's struggling a little bit.