• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFFs top graded preseason rookie wideouts.

Zod

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is why I found Robby's extension a bit baffling and why it leaves me a bit concerned about our plans for DJ.

I don't see a big reason for concern. Is it possible that they don't see him in the future plans? Yes. Is it likely? No. The biggest question will be what DJ wants and will we be willing(or really should we) pay it. 

I don't think we should infer anything about their intentions for DJ Moore from the Robby deal.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

I’m not worried about DJ. I understand that Brady may have a HC opportunity open up soon, but as long as he’s here I think it’s very safe to say he wants 3 very viable WRs. That’s part of his game plan. This team isn’t moving on from DJ because we extended Robby and have good rookie WRs. 

The concert is foreign to a team that’s struggled to have more than one competent WR (and often times not even that many) on its roster for the last decade, but I think it’s pretty safe to say this offense intends to have 3+ dangerous big play WRs going forward and will prioritize them.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is why I found Robby's extension a bit baffling and why it leaves me a bit concerned about our plans for DJ.

Why?

It's a two year contract. These two are on rookie deals. Their 'big' contracts won't overlap. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah I mean the team may have decided that signing DJ just projected to be too expensive when the time comes...  Who honestly knows?  Aside from that specifically, the team has to be aware that we have a potential surplus of value at that position that could be better served as $/roster spots for other players.

Edited by Tommy Jone
Wording

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Lots of camp hero’s over the years. Many were WRs. Most didn’t pan out.

Let’s see what they do in real games.

This too. Lots of preseason MVP's had really short NFL careers. I like what I see from them but let's wait until they are top 5 rookies AFTER the season before we talk of tough decisions on personnel in the WR corps.

• Pie 1