• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater named starter over Drew Lock

@bonafidebanter

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Who's gonna start the thread about all the Pats reporters saying that Mac Jones has won the starting job? Cam lost his starting job to a scrub rookie partly because he wasn't vaccinated and had to miss a chunk of camp due to covid protocols...

You can’t get Can out of your mouth bro.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Broncos fans are either upset or trying to see the silver lining. 
Fans on Reddit are already asking for Fangio to be fired. 

I highly doubt that. When your choice is two backups, anyone jumping off a bridge is just being dramatic.

1 hour ago, Ace420 said:

Teddy sucks, but it could possibly work if Denver is set up to win with a dink and dunk offense.

The main reason we fired teddy is because our offense required deep shots that teddy wasn't willing to attempt.

Which is why I don't understand why we acquired him if we were going to run a vertical offense. It's like running a race on a donut and getting pissed when it blows out. Yes, the donut isn't a good tire, but you didn't exactly use it for It's intended purpose.

I fully believe the reason Teddy is in Denver is to teach Drew. And if that doesn't work out you draft a QB that Teddy can tutor for a year. I thought that's what we were doing here, but apparently we were trying to win a Super Bowl with spare parts year 1.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Okay go on Reddit if you doubt me. I am not speaking out my ass. I don’t do that. 

I should clarify: I have no doubt people are being dramatic. A lot of people are frankly pretty stupid. Getting upset over 1 of your two bad options winning is probably an indication if brain damage. 

Good for him.  Couldn't be me.  Again, I was a bit of a fan of Teddy from afar since college bc he was an easy guy to pull for, but I never would've wanted him as our QB due to his obvious and glaring shortcomings.  I felt that way even before his injury.

That being said, I'm not gonna lie, that could end up being a great gig for him because I always envisioned thats really the only kind of team he would be ideal for - a team with a great, aggressive defense who wins games for them, so the only thing the QB has to do is play it safe and  not turn the ball over.  It's why I never understood why he didn't take the job with Chicago last year until we found out it was bc they didn't hand him the starting role.

Now, sorry to say, although I wish Teddy well, I wish the Broncos nothing but the worst and hope their franchise burns in the eternal flames of professional football mediocrity for the rest of their existence.

• Pie 3

33 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

crazy that this statement will get you poop emoji'd..

I think it depends on how one defines a starting QB. If defined as one of the 32 QBs in the league who trots out for their team's opening snaps on gameday, then yeah, and he might even be one of the top 32 overall. If defined as a QB who can do enough that one reasonably believes they can overcome better opposition, I don't think he or a fair number of other of the 32 'starting' QBs really meet that definition. 

Perhaps though that second definition treads more into quality QB territory than starting.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1