• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

19/25 and 2 TD

jb2288

Taking a step back and not breaking down each throw 1 by 1, Sam has looked good. Not great, but good. Yes it’s second string, but for his first real game action with us I’m pleasantly surprised. If we can keep him clean (and huge if) he’s going to get better as we go on. 8.5 yards per attempt with no turnovers… I’ll take it all day. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The OL looked like ass and Darnold still sees ghosts and panics at the first hint of pressure. Not a good combo.

This OL is gonna have to get a lot better very quickly to give Darnold a legit shot at resurrecting his career.

Agree. It’s a huge issue if we can’t keep him clean, but I did not expect to see 2 scores and no turnovers in his half of playing time. And yes 1 probably should’ve been picked but this is better than I expected 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Ace420 said:

I don't want to get too excited against backups... but as bad as our oline is I am impressed.

A little bit of dinking and dunking in the first series, but that is an improvement for him to learn to take what the defense is giving instead of making mistakes. I'm proud of him.and I hope he has built up some confidence heading into the regular season in 2 weeks.

Can't wait to see what Brady has drawn up for him.

100% agree. I thought he looked really good moving in the pocket sans 2 plays I saw. Took what the D gave him, and hit on the intermediate throws when they counted, minus the one behind Robby. If the OL can gel (or we get Brady and Brown in there and they’re the answer) Sam can do some damage here. 

• Beer 1

The last drive was impressive and exactly what we need after a depressing season with the last qb. Now we must get this 1st string oline figured out and ready to go. Put Moton where he is needed most if it's the left so be it but get it sorted asap.

• Pie 3

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The OL looked like ass and Darnold still sees ghosts and panics at the first hint of pressure. Not a good combo.

This OL is gonna have to get a lot better very quickly to give Darnold a legit shot at resurrecting his career.

I thought Paradis looked as bad as any of them…get gets run over and pushed back a lot…pressure up the middle is really bad

• Pie 2