• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut Will Grier - PJ Wins backup QB spot

Zod

Just now, Varking said:

“Wins”. 
41% completions this preseason. See all these guys getting cut around the league today at QB? Far better numbers than PJ. Pick one, sign him, we are now upgraded for cheap. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we do pick up one of those QBs that have been cut - need to get them on the waiver wire first though before you cut both of your backup QBs. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Devil Doc said:

I dont know about yall, but Grier is a good QB, I am just shocked he was waived. I wonder if his brothers legal issues had anything to do with it? 

your serious?  Grier is and has been terrible.  He did not deserve the jersey he was wearing.

• Poo 1

45 minutes ago, FamOstinato said:

I understand your opinion but the facts are not there. PJ looked the best when played with the 1’s and 2’s. PJ knew how to move in the pocket.  Plus he is the fastest out of the three and didn’t run at all. Think about that. Show strong command of the offense when he was in the game by making checks and adjustments at the line before the snap. Put on the tape. 

I respect your opinion. I'm just looking forward to our FO putting the best Panthers on the field...

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Varking said:

“Wins”. 
41% completions this preseason. See all these guys getting cut around the league today at QB? Far better numbers than PJ. Pick one, sign him, we are now upgraded for cheap. 

PJ is a total waste of a roster spot. He needs to be cut immediately.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I am surprised by this.  But I do think Cam will catch on somewhere, probably as a backup to a team that is a contender.  

The big question is whether he's willing to accept a backup role.

And his vax status is gonna be a stumbling block.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean, that just isn't true. 

You can dislike PJ, but his instincts are to push the ball downfield.   Which is what he does.    The correct PJ critique would be...to be critical of him as he attempts to push the ball downfield. 

Sam Darnold has been the checkdown king of the offseason. 

If that means less interceptions, then I’m all for it. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

I think everyone saw this coming. Will Grier definitely outplayed PJ in the preseason, but it seemed obvious to most on here that PJ was going to stay on board being that he is coach Rhules guy from Temple.

Fix them eyes, not true. If that was the case we would have kept him. 😂😂