• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waiver claims and practice squad signings

Mr. Scot

I remember liking Morgan in the draft buildup from his year, had some good downfield throws in college.  Decent highlights, didn't seem like he had shown much once in the bigs.  But might as well kick the tires right?

Edited by davos

29 minutes ago, FamOstinato said:

That may be true but you are not seeing the whole picture. WR dropped a lot of catchable ball thrown there way. And that is a fact. Given people pie and not letting them know it’s crap. 😂

How many excuses are you all going to keep making for this bum?

More on Jordan from Cincy. Also he had a PFF Score of 43.7 in 2019, 55.7 score in 2020 and over 80 in the preseason playing with the twos. So it looks like he has been getting better. During this time he also moved from LG to RG so doesn't look like help on the left side. Also since this is our thing now he has a RAS of 7.98. Which is better than most of our current players 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/8/31/22650464/michael-jordan-bengals-cuts-2021-ohio-state-buckeyes-football-news-nfl

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, RomanG18 said:

From a Bengal fan for what it's worth "He was the guy that fell on Burrow. It was a freak accident and you could tell he felt terrible about it. But he had a fantastic camp and preseason under much better coaching and was a starter on our first roster, so a lot of us Bengals fans were willing to give him a second chance bc of all the news saying he was our best OL in preseason. Which makes it all the more puzzling as to why he was cut. Either way, you guys are getting a starting OL for essentially no risk, so its a great signing even just for depth."

thanks for stopping by

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Targeting all the QB castoffs... from the NY Jets

bold.gif

Between existing as the Temple Owls' job bank and as the AAA affiliate of the New York Jets, I'm hoping our next moves will be to hire Lin Wood and Rudy Giuliaini as general counsel and add Rachel Nichols as a sideline reporter. 

Joking aside, it's just nice to see us sign someone not from Temple or Baylor. There's no way I'm down on giving Morgan a shot. Any guy one year removed from being a fourth-round pick on a different dumpster fire deserves another shot. Now, granted, he could come in and throw for 200 yards and 4 TDs every preseason game next year and he's still QB3 behind Darnold/other starter and Ol' PJ

Edited by Carl Spackler
  • Beer 1

36 minutes ago, davos said:

I remember liking Morgan in the draft buildup from his year, had some good downfield throws in college.  Decent highlights, didn't seem like he had shown much once in the bigs.  But might as well kick the tires right?

Morgan was in the '19 draft I think it was. I thought at the time he looked like a very good late round pick, glad he finally got here. Don't know how much better than Grier he is, if any at all. I guess there weren't any ex Baylor QBs available.

41 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Just watched a 5 min clip of James Morgan.  Ready to move him to active roster as the backup and move PJ the other way.  

Morgan wasn't even all that either

He has the same touch/too much heat issue as Walker, but can actually see over the line. Seems to get the ball out pretty quick as well