• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Second Team to reach 100% Vax status....

kungfoodude

52 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

Seems to me like everyone should still have to wear masks anyway since you can still get and spread covid after vaccination. 

What I’m saying is if a team has a player test positive during the season is there a set protocol? There are going to be players testing positive no matter what.

1 minute ago, travisura said:

Yes, I am aware of that. But the protocols for unvaccinated players who catch covid are much stricter than for vaccinated players who catch covid. This is due to the fact that the vaccine drastically cuts down on severity of symptoms and ease of spread. Also, nice scare quotes around the word vaccinated. Do us all a favor and get your anti-vax nonsense out of here would ya? 

Nothing that I posted could in any way be misconstrued as anti-vax.  I’m sorry that my grammar triggers you.

My point is still valid.  If/when a team with a 100% vaccination rate has guys test positive during game week, will they still have to forfeit?  It’s going to happen... the narrative will have to shift.

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, Wanderlai said:

What I’m saying is if a team has a player test positive during the season is there a set protocol? There are going to be players testing positive no matter what.

If your vaccinated you probably won't even be able to tell they are sick. To the unvaccinated those are going to be the ones in the hospital and costing their teams games. If you want to argue vaxed vs antibodies I will listen but honestly what's so bad about having more protection. If you come at me with the I don't need a vaccine and its a government coverup I am not going to give you a second.

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

If your vaccinated you probably won't even be able to tell they are sick. To the unvaccinated those are going to be the ones in the hospital and costing their teams games. If you want to argue vaxed vs antibodies I will listen but honestly what's so bad about having more protection. If you come at me with the I don't need a vaccine and its a government coverup I am not going to give you a second.

The first sentence in your post is absurd, and not based in science.  It is your hope, and nothing more.  As time goes on, you’ll see pllllllenty more breakthrough cases with symptoms.

There is a big difference between “symptom-free” and “not in the hospital.”  

Many vaccinated people show mild/moderate symptoms, and that would absolutely warrant a test during the season.

Edited by ECUPantherFan
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Nothing that I posted could in any way be misconstrued as anti-vax.  I’m sorry that my grammar triggers you.

My point is still valid.  If/when a team with a 100% vaccination rate has guys test positive during game week, will they still have to forfeit?  It’s going to happen... the narrative will have to shift.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/08/30/nfl-updates-covid-19-protocols-weekly-testing-vaccinated-players

From the article: "Fully vaccinated individuals will not be designated high-risk close contacts, and only unvaccinated players are at risk of missing games without a positive test."

• Pie 3

51 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

What narrative? 

App State by 3 touchdowns tonight 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

I To the unvaccinated those are going to be the ones in the hospital and costing their teams games.

Since your statement includes "and costing their teams games" it puts 'the unvaccinated' in the context of NFL players (not the general population). So last season, pre-vaccine, how many NFL players who had COVID last season wound up in the hospital?

It's probably going to end up with contact tracing determining who was the source if there is a team outbreak. If it was an unvaccinated player, then it will be a forfeiture. If it was a vaccinated then no forfeiture. If a team has followed NFL protocol to the letter that shouldn't be required to forfeit a game if they can still field a team. 

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It's probably going to end up with contact tracing determining who was the source if there is a team outbreak. If it was an unvaccinated player, then it will be a forfeiture. If it was a vaccinated then no forfeiture. If a team has followed NFL protocol to the letter that shouldn't be required to forfeit a game if they can still field a team. 

Vaccinated CP3 came back in the NBA playoffs in what 4-5 days? We only have 2 unvaxxed players so hopefully worst case scenario you would sign a couple vaxxed guys to the practice squad, you can activate 2 per week without cutting anyone on the 53 under the current rules. Not sure when vaxxed players test but I imagine it would make most sense to do it on Monday or Tuesday after playing another team

4 hours ago, ECUPantherFan said:

The first sentence in your post is absurd, and not based in science.  It is your hope, and nothing more.  As time goes on, you’ll see pllllllenty more breakthrough cases with symptoms.

There is a big difference between “symptom-free” and “not in the hospital.”  

Many vaccinated people show mild/moderate symptoms, and that would absolutely warrant a test during the season.

Most vaccinated people are dealing with Delta because people want get vaccinated. But yeah I'm crazy because I follow top doctors and the CDC. I'm sure what comes next out of your mouth is some Tucker Carlson paid docs words.Don't worry I won't respond because talking to you antivaxxers is like talking to a brick wall.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, trueblade said:

Since your statement includes "and costing their teams games" it puts 'the unvaccinated' in the context of NFL players (not the general population). So last season, pre-vaccine, how many NFL players who had COVID last season wound up in the hospital?

Asking that is a stupid question for many reasons. One being that its a small group of people, Two they are in peak physical fitness, and three they all were testing early and often. Besides the fact its not just about you. This is why we have Delta and MU. Because it keeps mutating from unvaccinated people. Who think well it didn't kill me who cares if I spread it to the kid who has cancer down the road. Screw it I'm fine.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2