• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question for you 50 years plus folk (and others)?

top dawg

Going back and forth with @Mr. Scot, has made me think of a question.

If Tepper was to become a meddlesome owner in the mold of a Jerry Jones, but win a championship within say the next five years, and that would be the only ring that the Panthers would get for the next two or three decades, would you take that? Keep in mind, you're assured one championship within the next 5 years.

IIt's just a hypothetical. Personally, I don't think Tepper will ever become that guy. I do think he may swing that hammer from time (which makes me think of the Japanese proverb: The nail that sticks out gets the hammer). I say that only to say that Tepper and Fit better normalize the Panthers among the top tier teams in the league within the next few years.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I want to see one. If it just means I get to see the one, so be it. I still remember the Hurricanes Stanley Cup winning season in 2006. It was worth the decade of no playoffs that happened a few years later. 

I remember when I was still trying to hold on to the team of my youth, the Steelers. Even though I proudly wore the gear the day they won the championship (Cowher's team) when I was an adult, I had effectively became a Panthers fan in my heart, so that Steelers victory though sweet, was kind of hollow. As such, the life I've lived won't be complete without the Panthers winning it all at least once. 

• Beer 4

50 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Going back and forth with @Mr. Scot, has made me think of a question.

If Tepper was to become a meddlesome owner in the mold of a Jerry Jones, but win a championship within say the next five years, and that would be the only ring that the Panthers would get for the next two or three decades, would you take that? Keep in mind, you're assured one championship within the next 5 years.

IIt's just a hypothetical. Personally, I don't think Tepper will ever become that guy. I do think he may swing that hammer from time (which makes me think of the Japanese proverb: The nail that sticks out gets the hammer). I say that only to say that Tepper and Fit better normalize the Panthers among the top tier teams in the league within the next few years.

Yes I would. 

I have never questioned the Hurricanes again since winning the Stanley Cup.

Everything else is gravy.

Now I'd like more than one but get me one before I die.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Ten years ago the Panthers winning meant a lot more to me than it does now.  I used to never turn off a game in progress and if I had to be away from the box I made dumb sure I had a good  radio signal. 

losing a game left me miserable for the rest of the day.  Now I take it as it comes and am not afraid to turn off the tube and go do something else if they are putting up another stinker.  So to answer the question while a Lombardi trophy would be nice to see, it  sure as poo ain t part of my bucket list.

• Pie 3