• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Network says Darnold worst starting QB in the league.

Khyber53

11 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

I can see where that comes from with his body of work so far, but I think he can be better than what he has shown.  How much better remains to be seen though.

But thats the thing - his body of work was just fine for a young, developing QB for his first 2 seasons.  Its only last season which was putrid.  His first 2 seasons he was ~60% passing with a 17/15 and 19/13 TD to INT ratio.  Even last year was 9/11 so its not like hes some Jameis Winston level turnover machine.  Hes got a cannon for an arm, is very athletic and has a quick release.  Objectively I just do not get all the hate for the guy. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, KendrickPanther said:

So there's about 8 guys on that list I wouldn't put over Darnold. At least 15 I wouldn't want over Darnold. Fitzpatrick? Dalton? Taylor? Jalen Hurts is a college QB at best. Everyone knows that. Pretty sure the Eagles know that and hope to replace him next draft.

I think they replaced him with a 6th round pick.

16 hours ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

“Preseason play didn’t inspire confidence” 

Sports media is made up of a bunch of morons. I’m not sure half of them even watch sports. 

“When word quotas attack”. This statement diminishes the credibility of the argument. He may very well be deserving of this rank right now but this statement screams that they just threw together a list for content.  

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

It was one half against mostly backups vs three years of history against starters. I can see their point even if I don't like it.

The article said "but Darnold's preseason play didn't inspire confidence."

The comment implies that he had a poor preseason.  It has nothing to do with his history. 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, Khyber53 said:
17 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

2020 stats: 12 games | 59.6 pct | 2,208 pass yds | 6.1 ypa | 9 pass TD | 11 INT | 217 rush yds | 2 rush TD | 2 fumbles lost

Teddy 2020 (with CMC 3 games, mike Davis, DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, Curtis Samuel): 

15 games, 3733 yards, 15 TD, 11 int

we gained a stronger arm and better attitude. Not worried. 

• Pie 4

For the people screaming clickbait, you gotta be honest. If you want good clickbait, you'd target a fanbase a lot bigger than ours or a QB a lot higher profile than Darnold with your bottom ranking. The reality is that the average NFL fan just doesn't care about the Panthers and/or Sam Darnold. We've both been written off as essentially irrelevant until proven otherwise.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

50 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For the people screaming clickbait, you gotta be honest. If you want good clickbait, you'd target a fanbase a lot bigger than ours or a QB a lot higher profile than Darnold with your bottom ranking. The reality is that the average NFL fan just doesn't care about the Panthers and/or Sam Darnold. We've both been written off as essentially irrelevant until proven otherwise.

Historically, that's when we do our best work. So, let's get to workin' guys!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1