• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Jets Game - Biggest areas of concern

Zod

33 minutes ago, bababoey said:

I don't know if anyone noticed this or not but Heartsfield left the game in the early part of the 3rd quarter.  When he left the game the Jets had something like 80 yards of offense in the game.  Our defense was mixing coverages on almost ever play.  After he left we put Chandler in at safety and Chinn moved to nickle.  The Jets scored 14 points and had almost 200 yards of offense.  We played exclusively zone after Heartsfield left.  If he can't play next week this defense becomes much more predictable.  Just saying.

It because our backups are not up to par.  If we have injuries in the secondary this season expect more of the same.   

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

When he is on a Roll he's not bad but it was sad to see him running the same plays that worked in the 1st half when it was clear NYJ made adjustments.

A good OC will figure out what adjustments were made and call different plays.

O-line was shaky but only gave up one sack against a pretty good front 4.  I agree that it is still our biggest concern. 

Unfortunately our coaching staff looks like the one that just left. Struggles with adjustments and wants to sit on leads instead of going for the freaking jugular.

1) Kicking/lack of confidence in the kicking game. I wouldn't be surprised to see us cut Santoso and try develop him on the practice squad.

2) O-line is outmatched. We will have to scheme around it all season.

Honorable Mention) Pass coverage was leaky. Whenever we didn't get pressure it was almost always a completion or a drop.

Edited by Evil Hurney

How the Panthers adjust their play style after the half with a lead.. I would love to Panthers to stay aggressive,  try to increase the lead instead of playing it safe and hopefully ride out the clock with safe play calling.. I guess this would fall on coaching.

And I have to agree that we need to keep improving our offensive line someway, somehow.

5 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Joe Brady inside the 20s and playcalling with the lead.

And...

RhuleRivera.jpg.4f3ff16961f4390b38a951d60e989c6a.jpg

That trick with the glasses is so accurate, another coach who can't get out of his own way, i.e. Grier in Dallas, Brady and Snow as coordinators, Walker as backup. And were Slye's problems a bad coaching problem? (he was very good today).

Chinn at mostly FS I dont especially like.  He did fine for the most part but he definitely wasnt able to put his stamp on the game like he did most games last year.   I think it takes a lot of his strengths away and highlights some of the things he isnt quite as strong at.  Its only one game though so we will see.

Going back and watching some plays i just dont see how Pat Elflein makes it the rest of the season...hell even half way. Had consistent trouble hold his block and getting lifted drove into the backfield. If it wasnt for darnold getting rid of the ball so quick he would have gotten hit way more than he did.

And if you think im exaggerating watch darnolds highlights and key in on Elfleins reps. He is that bad.

Edited by CPF4LIFE