• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chubba's stat line through 2 games ..

Pantha-kun

9 minutes ago, Mage said:

How are the Jets historically good against the run?

Their run defense last year was decent.  10th in the league in yards allowed per carry, and they were in the top half of the league in fewest yards allowed rushing.  Not the 85 bears, but compared to the rest of the team, it was solid.  

In truth, their defense played fairly well today.  But the offense doomed them with four interceptions.

Edited by Davidson Deac II

7 minutes ago, Mage said:

How are the Jets historically good against the run?

2020 NFL Opposition & Defensive Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Last year the jets allowed 4 yards per rushing attempt, 6th shortest in the NFL...ranked right after, you guessed it, the Saints who ranked 5th with 3.9 yards.

The jets couldn't do much else last year, but they could stop the run.

He’s not getting good opportunities. When he is in they know it’s to give CMC a break and they are stacking the box. Thats why that early TD to Zylstra was so easy. Hell I’ll go as far to say CMC hasn’t been doing that great in the run game himself. Teams know great it’s a good chance 9/10 CMC is on the field they are trying to get the ball to him so they are stacking the line heavy. 

9 minutes ago, TheoJay10 said:

He’s not getting good opportunities. When he is in they know it’s to give CMC a break and they are stacking the box. Thats why that early TD to Zylstra was so easy. Hell I’ll go as far to say CMC hasn’t been doing that great in the run game himself. Teams know great it’s a good chance 9/10 CMC is on the field they are trying to get the ball to him so they are stacking the line heavy. 

He took 80% of the snaps in pre-season and looks exactly the same, we need a power back not CMC lite

39 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

We hating on players again I see 

Well, we won and dammit we gotta find something to bitch about

1. Sam’s gawdawful pick

2.  Horn’s push-up form

3.  Rhule’s smock

4.  Dollar store CGI Jurassic panther

5.  Backup running back garbage time stats 

I’m sure there’s more but it’s a short week. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

Well, we won and dammit we gotta find something to bitch about

1. Sam’s gawdawful pick

2.  Horn’s push-up form

3.  Rhule’s smock

4.  Dollar store CGI Jurassic panther

5.  Backup running back garbage time stats 

I’m sure there’s more but it’s a short week. 

I'm like damn, we won. We beat the Saints. We completely smothered them on D. Sam had another great first half and showed up when it mattered in the 4th.

Lets enjoy the day! 

• Pie 2

44 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

2020 NFL Opposition & Defensive Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Last year the jets allowed 4 yards per rushing attempt, 6th shortest in the NFL...ranked right after, you guessed it, the Saints who ranked 5th with 3.9 yards.

The jets couldn't do much else last year, but they could stop the run.

Okay, but that doesn't make it "historically" good.  Unless by "historically" you are just referring to 2020.  And nobody uses that word in that context.

• Beer 1

Saints bottled CMC up in the run game . . . and we're really expecting production from a 4th round rookie in the same game?  Come on.

The way I'm seeing it is that today Chuba took 8 hits that CMC didn't have to.  Over the course of a season, that's gonna be 120-150 hits our star back doesn't absorb.  I here for it.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2