• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Exponential return on defensive investment.

Zod

17 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The pass rush somewhat expected let's not forget the run defense that has allowed them to get after the QB surrending less than 2.7 yards per carry and 130 yards total on the ground.......

That's less than our average per game the last two seasons that's HUGE.

Just incase someone scrolled by without seeing that. That's improvement!

Look At This Pro Wrestling GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I don't think people truly get how impressive it is that both Burns and Reddick are averaging a sack a game lol.

For comparison, NFL Single season record for Sacks is 22.5. Michael Strahan, 2001 season.
The next one on the team had 6 Sacks. Team total sacks for that season were 46

1 hour ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The pass rush somewhat expected let's not forget the run defense that has allowed them to get after the QB surrending less than 2.7 yards per carry and 130 yards total on the ground....... That's less than our average per game the last two seasons that's HUGE.

I'm with you. The pass rush and sacks are getting all of the attention but we've been completely shutting down run games.

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

The front office absolutely killed the off-season with the additions of Fox, Reddick, and Jones. 

On the defensive side of the ball.  

I love the Reddick and Burns challenge.  They both have 3 each and are in competition to out do one another. Actually, I think Reddick is up a half a sack.   If you remember Burn's sack you can see him mouth.  "That's three"  I'd bet it was directed at Reddick. LOL.  Reddick got his later.  It's going to be hillarious if one or the other goes up a sack or two on the other.  It will be game on. 

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

pretty sure they did the same in the Taints game.

Yup, the Jameis sack where he threw it backwards.

That is the 2nd one that refs have stolen from Burns that I can remember.  The other one was the second strip sack against Herbert last year.  

I dont know who was in on the sack last night that they rules an incomplete pass, but again, I don't see that happen to other teams.  I almost wanted Rhule to throw the challenge flag just to get our guys that sack lol.  

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Jackofalltrades said:

Hopefully the OL will get similar attention in the near future. 

They will. It has gotten attention but apparently not everyone has noticed.  It will get a lot more now that it appears we may not need to go qb with our first pick again next draft. That is unless there's one there that Rhule wants.

• Pie 1