• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OL looked bad last night

SBBlue

PFF rated Houston as the worst DL in the league :Defensive line rankings entering the 2021 NFL season | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

We had our worst OL performance last night.

Against Houston (32nd DL),    3 Sacks 5 QB hits,  3 Passes Defensed, 2FF     and 3 TFL
Against the Saints (8th DL),    2 Sacks 3 QB hits, 4 Passes Defensed, 1 Int/FF  and 7 TFL
Against the Jets (7th DL),       1 Sack    8 QB hits,  1 Passes Defensed,  0FF  and 4 TFL

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 3

I wouldn't say bad as much as inconsistent...................at times thing clicked (heck the scored 24 points) but just not consistent as a good power run block oline looks like........

and the funny thing is lines love to run block over pass blocking for obvious reasons but the Panther oline seems to do better at pass blocking than run blocking.......

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

That was teh worst DL in the league thus far? Could have fooled all our shitter OL who got consistently ran over.

This poo isn't gonna fly for real.

I'm beginning to think that PFF is ass.  I always thought they were off, but now I'm begining to think they don't even watch the games.   They said the jets have a top 10 OL, after Wilson has been sacked 10 times in two games.  We beat on him on nearly every drop back.  

• Pie 1

Just now, SBBlue said:

I'm beginning to think that PFF is ass.  I always thought they were off, but now I'm begining to think they don't even watch the games.   They said the jets have a top 10 OL, after Wilson has been sacked 10 times in two games.  We beat on him on nearly every drop back.  

I only ever see that poo on here TBH. I just actually watch the games. OFC you can't notice everything so it can be good to do comparisons especially for players or positions that are harder to see. I don't take any of it to heart in the slightest. Especially since a lot of the QB metrics dont' take into account like Cams running and power ability to pick up 3rd/4th and not just 1 but 2 yards out and stuff like that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Wanted Sewell, was boardline on Slater at our original draft slot (do want now), could have traded back for Darrisaw (not looking great with the minor injuries delaying his start). I'm fine with Horn, but still think the value was at OT. Get Neal  or Linderbaum via the draft next year and start nailing down the left side bookend or center position for the long term  

2 minutes ago, chbright said:

Wanted Sewell, was boardline on Slater at our original draft slot (do want now), could have traded back for Darrisaw (not looking great with the minor injuries delaying his start). I'm fine with Horn, but still think the value was at OT. Get Neal  or Linderbaum via the draft next year and start nailing down the left side bookend or center position for the long term  

Penei Sewell PFF 71
Rayshawn Slater PFF 67.8
Christian Darrisaw core muscle surgery
Alex Leatherwood PFF 32.0
AVT PFF 68.8
Tevin Jenkins back surgery

Erving has not been the weakest link on this line.    Even last night.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, SBBlue said:

Penei Sewell PFF 71
Rayshawn Slater PFF 67.8
Christian Darrisaw core muscle surgery
Alex Leatherwood PFF 32.0
AVT PFF 68.8
Tevin Jenkins back surgery

Erving has not been the weakest link on this line.    Even last night.

Erving has experience at LG, where he is better suited

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, chbright said:

Linderbaum is my current draft crush. Would love Neal but I feel like there is almost no chance we will be in a position to draft him. We should seriously just use every pick we have on OL and if just 2 pan out as good starters I'll consider it success. Just go full on shotgun style.

• The D 1

13 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I think the ratings leave some context out. 

Like with the pass block win rate. Does that include when no one engages a pass rusher? If not, then that doesn't even factor into the equation, which results in a better grade for the o-line even though they let a rusher come in uncontested.

• Pie 1