• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI Panthers still have 5 draft picks next year

WarPanthers89

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

yeah i imagine we'll manufacture a couple more before the day is done

It's really nice having confidence in your GM being able to handle business efficiently and always putting you in a better position.

Wasn't sure I'd ever get to experience that here.

• Pie 1

Endlessly trading back only makes sense when you have very little talent to work with and we're last that point now. We have tons of depth on this roster in the secondary. We have lots of dline depth. We have some young oline depth pieces that may pan out, including Michael Jordan. We have a great young WR core and a rookie RB and TE that are getting playtime. 

Once you build enough talent for the pipeline you start to shift to win now which is what we've done. You can give up the Dan Arnolds  because you hit on someone like Tremble. What's really impressive to me though is how well we've done with some of these project players. 

Robby Anderdons value went way up once we started playing with us. 8 million last year was a steal for the player we got.

Darnold, who looks like a franchise QB so far, for what we got him for was insane value. Most people doubted the trade but it's looking great now. 

Reddick is here for 6 million dollars on a prove it deal. Arizona misused him for years and our organization knew how to unleash him.

Now CJ is here and we gave up a very important pick for him. The front office has been nailing these types of picks and I'm super excited to see what he can become as a panther. 

2 hours ago, DeeJay said:

I'm 100 percent ok with this. because we got quality playmakers 

Isnt that the point, use draft to find quality players?? If Sam and CJ were in the 2021 or 2022 draft, both would be still be 1st rounders in my book. No question I would trade a future 2nd for current 2021 assassin Sam. 3rd+backup possession WR for CJ&5th(low cause jax sucks), fug yea I do that allllllllllllll day. Plus I get them right now, not waiting til 2022?? gimmmie that!!

Gib Mir Feed Me GIF by ZDF heute-show 

4 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Instead of saying we "lost our 2nd and third round pick", its better to say "we got sam darnold with our second and we got cj Henderson for our third".  Both are still on rookie contracts, and both have pro bowl ceilings if they figure it out, not getting many of those in the second or 3rd rounds.

Which is good in the short term, the issues is we’re gonna have a lot of big contracts come up at the same time over the next few years when all these young guys come due. If we do well this year that be the gauge of how good fitts actually is. 

4 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Instead of saying we "lost our 2nd and third round pick", its better to say "we got sam darnold with our second and we got cj Henderson for our third".  Both are still on rookie contracts, and both have pro bowl ceilings if they figure it out, not getting many of those in the second or 3rd rounds.

2018 top 3 pick for a 2nd and 2020 top 10 pick for a third.