• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The day after, I can't help but be upset with Snow...

Proudiddy

I'm of the opinion that all of the injuries on that side of the ball finally caught up to us. It's hard to stop a top offense when missing several key contributors. The refs certainly didn't do us any favors either. If they don't screw us out of that fumble recovery and we don't whiff on sack opportunities we're singing a different tune today.

We got beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The surprise was our defense got manhandled. I think it was a combination of losing Horn, and Snow not having any--much less, the same--trust in Melvin and Bouye (while CJ gets up to speed), so he didn't make the necessary adjustments to stop the run. It was chicken poo defense against a good line (that was holding).  

Well, we're not there yet, but we're moving in the right direction. If we meet them again, we may get a different outcome with Henderson and Bouye more seasoned within our system (and CMC back...and maybe some max protect for Darnold).

May not be a popular opinion, but as good as the defense has been and as much resources thrown at it already,  I still think it’s missing some pieces, namely run stuffers and another DT. I also think they’re wasting Chinn, so a safety as well.

A fast, blitzing team will get burned if there is no other DT like Brown who will just get doubled, to stop the run.

But ultimately they have an oline, similar to olines that make the post season. It is otherworldly rare that any oline past the wildcards are ranked below average and play any different than Dallas. If this team wants a shot you have to be able to compete against a good oline.

26 minutes ago, Snake said:

Dallas also underperforms too and has a potato as a head coach. We lost to a mediocre team. Let's not try and save face. 

I completely disagree.  Dallas has one of the most balanced and best offenses in the league.  I thought they would put up at least 30 against us, and they went slightly higher than.  Dallas's struggles are on defense.  Their run defense was not good yesterday and Chuba had a relatively good day, but we didn't or couldn't take full advantage of it as we got to far behind.  Their pass defense is certainly improved over last year, but our protection/pass blocking is not good.  

CMC and the Panthers dependence on him affects every part of the Panthers team

he makes the oline look good

drives go deeper 

the defense isn’t in the field that long 

everything gets better 

as long as he is not playing, this is the result  yes losing Horn hurt but the panthers go through mccafrey and until that gets fixed or they find someone less injury prone, nothing will change 

cam Erving, totally wrong 

22 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

We lost. Fire ever body. 

Exactly.  From what little of the game I caught, on purpose for health reasons, I would like to know a few things.

1. Dallas repeatedly caught them in the wrong personnel by going to hurry up.  I want to know the percentage of snaps per defensive player. 

2. I would be curious to see the personnel on defense during their scoring drives.

Me thinks the old man got caught with his pants down.

Edited by Jon Snow

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

1. Dallas repeatedly caught them in the wrong personnel by going to hurry up.  I want to know the percentage of snaps per defensive player.

Player Defensive Snaps Special Teams Snaps
Jeremy Chinn 61 (100%) 7 (24%)
Brian Burns 59 (97%) 8 (28%)
Donte Jackson 59 (97%) 7 (24%)
Shaq Thompson 57 (93%) 1 (3%)
A.J. Bouye 49 (80%)  
Sean Chandler 48 (79%) 20 (69%)
Haason Reddick 47 (77%) 1 (3%)
Derrick Brown 45 (74%) 7 (24%)
DaQuan Jones 43 (70%) 7 (24%)
Morgan Fox 41 (67%) 7 (24%)
Jermaine Carter 40 (66%) 10 (34%)
Sam Franklin 27 (44%) 12 (41%)
Rashaan Melvin 21 (34%) 6 (21%)
CJ Henderson 18 (30%) 1 (3%)
Bravvion Roy 14 (23%)  
Marquis Haynes 11 (18%) 1 (3%)
Keith Taylor 10 (16%) 16 (55%)
Daviyon Nixon 8 (13%)  
Frankie Luvu 6 (10%) 21 (72%)
Darryl Johnson 5 (8%) 9 (31%)
Julian Stanford 2 (3%) 21 (72%)

4 minutes ago, trueblade said:
Player Defensive Snaps Special Teams Snaps
Jeremy Chinn 61 (100%) 7 (24%)
Brian Burns 59 (97%) 8 (28%)
Donte Jackson 59 (97%) 7 (24%)
Shaq Thompson 57 (93%) 1 (3%)
A.J. Bouye 49 (80%)  
Sean Chandler 48 (79%) 20 (69%)
Haason Reddick 47 (77%) 1 (3%)
Derrick Brown 45 (74%) 7 (24%)
DaQuan Jones 43 (70%) 7 (24%)
Morgan Fox 41 (67%) 7 (24%)
Jermaine Carter 40 (66%) 10 (34%)
Sam Franklin 27 (44%) 12 (41%)
Rashaan Melvin 21 (34%) 6 (21%)
CJ Henderson 18 (30%) 1 (3%)
Bravvion Roy 14 (23%)  
Marquis Haynes 11 (18%) 1 (3%)
Keith Taylor 10 (16%) 16 (55%)
Daviyon Nixon 8 (13%)  
Frankie Luvu 6 (10%) 21 (72%)
Darryl Johnson 5 (8%) 9 (31%)
Julian Stanford 2 (3%) 21 (72%)

I know this is a dumb question but who is Sean Chandler?

33 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Exactly.  From what little of the game I caught, on purpose for health reasons, I would like to know a few things.

2. I would be curious to see the personnel on defense during their scoring drives.

Me thinks the old man got caught with his pants down.

More like he got caught glued to the shitter. We hardly did anything that we succeeded at some much to begin with. Over simplified zone game plan, I know Horn wasn’t in but that shouldn’t merit changing the defensive scheme completely. No spy on Dak. No spy on Zeke. No stacked looks. Hardly any TFL. Our defense through three was never about gap protection, it was about swarm and confuse and that showed in a big way yesterday. 

Edited by Harbingers