• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer better be on the phone with the Packers.

Ivan The Awesome

It's not a secret. This team clearly thinks it will make the playoffs, and as of now, the Achilles heel is that offensive line. 

Enter the Green bay packers. The packers are super desperate for CB help, and guess what we have a plethora of that they need? Yeah, CB. 

Currently, they are without their All-pro LT David Bakhtiari who is currently on the PUP list and is slated to return after week 6. (Torn ACL back in DEC) 

As I see it, Donte Jackson is the prime candidate to look at for this trade, just the way I see it. Unless they turn around and send Gilmore, which would be hilarious.(which I doubt)..

LT David Bakhtiari for Donte and a pick to even out the age difference (Donte-25, David-Just turned 30)

Do this, I'd feel a lot more confident in that line and much more confident on how far this team can go in the playoffs. 

As of right now the Packs line is decent so really Bakhtiari is the odd man out. Hell it doesn't even have to be Donte, could be A.J Bouye. 

Bring Bakhtiari in, plug him in at LT, move Moton back to RT, shift that line around, plug in Christensen at LG, give that Left side a little bit of help. 

• Poo 1

19 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

It's not a secret. This team clearly thinks it will make the playoffs, and as of now, the Achilles heel is that offensive line. 

Enter the Green bay packers. The packers are super desperate for CB help, and guess what we have a plethora of that they need? Yeah, CB. 

Currently, they are without their All-pro LT David Bakhtiari who is currently on the PUP list and is slated to return after week 6. (Torn ACL back in DEC) 

As I see it, Donte Jackson is the prime candidate to look at for this trade, just the way I see it. Unless they turn around and send Gilmore, which would be hilarious.(which I doubt)..

LT David Bakhtiari for Donte and a pick to even out the age difference (Donte-25, David-Just turned 30)

Do this, I'd feel a lot more confident in that line and much more confident on how far this team can go in the playoffs. 

As of right now the Packs line is decent so really Bakhtiari is the odd man out. Hell it doesn't even have to be Donte, could be A.J Bouye. 

Bring Bakhtiari in, plug him in at LT, move Moton back to RT, shift that line around, plug in Christensen at LG, give that Left side a little bit of help. 

Some great points by Fitt on the latest panthers.com article:

“Gilmore's the second corner acquired since first-rounder Jaycee Horn broke his foot in Houston, but even in discussing that bad news, it was clear that the Panthers aren't thinking about this as a long-range project.

Fitterer said they're not ruling out having Horn return at some point later in the year, depending on his recovery.

"We're hoping he gets back," Fitterer said of Horn. "And we hope, we plan on going to the playoffs."

He said that pretty casually.”

Adding Gilmore also creates another decision to make down the road.

Like Jackson, his contract expires at the end of this season. And while Gilmore is a bit more of a wait-and-see based on his age (31) and recent injury (a quad injury which ended last season and forced him to start the year on the physically unable to perform list), they're fairly clear about their goals.

They'd love to have Gilmore around beyond this season. But they definitely want to keep Jackson, the 25-year-old who is playing his best football at the moment.

"I talked to Donte when we acquired CJ, and spoke to him briefly coming off the field today," Fitterer said. "Really this does not affect Donte at all. We know that we'd like to have him back. We think he wants to be back. We're planning, or budgeting I should say, to have him back. But this doesn't affect Donte at all."

• Pie 2